ALDI online DIY and Fishing 31 Jan

gdadphil

Gloves are a bit flimsy - my palms ripped already and haven't been doing much with them

I should have taken the advice - which I did read before purchasing a pair. One round of 50 clays on Sunday - tear in surface material of little finger and thumb. That said - they were warm and very usable.

• 3 weeks later...

think its down fit, I've got a pair of fingerless crane gloves, neoprene fit great very comfy.

The shooting / fishing gloves I bought are so tight they would be bound to rip, only bought them because they were cheap, buy cheap...... 

If the gloves are neoprene repair with Black Witch....it's the glue they use to make/repair neoprene dive suits

Time before last  I bought a hoody, zip up fleecy jacket thing, wellie socks all very good . As for gloves...I have yet to find the perfect pair. Currently on Macwet for grip in the wet. Not found anything better yet...any recommends ?

I have a pair of sealskinz:

https://www.sealskinz.com/gloves/shooting-gloves-olive.htm

Can be picked up (Alot) cheaper than the price shown. 

Good tactile feedback from the leather palm. Still dexterous enough to pull cartridges from a pocket and load.

Not had them in a full down pour yet but have shrugged off showers with ease. 

Pretty well insulated, but my one gripe is the insulation in the pull back trigger finger seems a bit thinner than the others so you have one finger very slightly colder than the rest. The magnetic fold back works well. 

Overall I rate them. 

18 hours ago, Lord v said:

I have a pair of sealskinz:

https://www.sealskinz.com/gloves/shooting-gloves-olive.htm

Can be picked up (Alot) cheaper than the price shown. 

Good tactile feedback from the leather palm. Still dexterous enough to pull cartridges from a pocket and load.

Not had them in a full down pour yet but have shrugged off showers with ease. 

Pretty well insulated, but my one gripe is the insulation in the pull back trigger finger seems a bit thinner than the others so you have one finger very slightly colder than the rest. The magnetic fold back works well. 

Overall I rate them. 

Where can we buy those a lot cheaper ? 

I used to wear sealskins socks when diving. totally waterproof

so,water proof that I wore the knee length version and a Pair of old trainers when I did the Morecambe Bay walk....used them as a pair of wellies

bone dry

only issue is you get a bit sweaty in them. Just wondered if the gloves  were as sweat inducing?

19 minutes ago, Diver One said:

I used to wear sealskins socks when diving. totally waterproof

so,water proof that I wore the knee length version and a Pair of old trainers when I did the Morecambe Bay walk....used them as a pair of wellies

bone dry

only issue is you get a bit sweaty in them. Just wondered if the gloves  were as sweat inducing?

Nope, surprisingly good on that score. The only Neoprene is on the cuff. 

1 hour ago, Lord v said:

Nope, surprisingly good on that score. The only Neoprene is on the cuff. 

Hi my n hatbcase i maybwell give them a go next time I need some

i, had some Aldi fold back neoprene fishing gloves....cheap,enough for a trial.

foldback,was a pain as it left a gap across the finger joint when closed and wind whistled through, also,let water in

secondly they resulted in "Vicar Palm"....anyone who has shaken hands with a member of the Cloth will know what I mean

they are now work gloves for the odd occasion when I get paid enough to work out in the cold and the wet