EBAY Feedback,beware!

andrewluke

i purchased a brand new phone on ebay,it arrived but was blocked/blacklisted reported lost/stolen,i left seller a negative feedback about 3 weeks ago,i looked at feedback today but could not see this negative feedback so contacted ebay(live chat) and this is what was said(below),i think ebay are trying to hide any any negativity about ebay(as much as they can) so keep an eye on your feedback left for sellers,sellers feedback shows 100% positive with 10 feedback

sorry!, tried to copy and paste transcript but didn't work,what i'm trying to say is that ebay said my negative feedback was removed by mistake but cannot be reinstated??

Edited by andrewluke

1 hour ago, andrewluke said:
i purchased a brand new phone on ebay,it arrived but was blocked/blacklisted reported lost/stolen,i left seller a negative feedback about 3 weeks ago,i looked at feedback today but could not see this negative feedback so contacted ebay(live chat) and this is what was said(below),i think ebay are trying to hide any any negativity about ebay(as much as they can) so keep an eye on your feedback left for sellers,sellers feedback shows 100% positive with 10 feedback

sorry!, tried to copy and paste transcript but didn't work,what i'm trying to say is that ebay said my negative feedback was removed by mistake but cannot be reinstated??

If you paid via PP and he is a new seller or has not a 100% feedback profile PP will hold onto your payment until you confirm everything is good. Don't know if this has changed at all as haven't purchased/sold anything for a long while.

52 minutes ago, Davyo said:

If you paid via PP and he is a new seller or has not a 100% feedback profile PP will hold onto your payment until you confirm everything is good. Don't know if this has changed at all as haven't purchased/sold anything for a long while.

What you say is true. I had a payment to me put on hold after I had sold something recently. 

It was released as soon as the buyer left positive feedback. 

Paypal payments aren't completely safe. We sent a bullet wallet to France, that was sold on ebay and payed for through PayPal, the customer said that it hadn't been delivered(despite being signed for), we always do our best to keep customers happy , so we sent another one( signed for again),as soon as it was received and signed for , the customer went to the bank and told the bank that we were fraudsters , the bank took the money back from paypal , and Paypal took the money back from us. Neither paypal or ebay were interested , the best advise we got from paypal was ,stop selling things abroad as most of the customers are scammers 😠.  If I'd had a passport, I would have been knocking on some french scumbags door and breaking the greasy ******** head open 😠.

6 minutes ago, andrewluke said:

it's not about the paypal payment,it's about the negative feedback i left for seller which has been removed so seller has got 100% positive feedback,the new phone he sold me was blocked/blacklisted either reported stolen or lost

Why not just leave the same negative feed back again, or does it not work like that? I don't use ebay.

7 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

Why not just leave the same negative feed back again, or does it not work like that? I don't use ebay.

once it's been removed then that's it,when i spoke to ebay they said it was a mistake to remove it but once removed no other feedback can be left,very convenient for ebay:hmm:

I left negative feedback for one seller who said the item had been posted, whereas he didn't send it for a further week, after I had messaged him several times. His feedback about me remains, but mine has been removed.

Ebay is there to make money, not uphold standards, in my book.

This can also be done on Google - bought a pup car from a dealer and gave him the feedback he deserved on Google but the review keeps disappearing! Every time I check his site the review has gone but as soon as I click "write a review" it reappears in the review box again so I just click "post" but within a couple of weeks it's gone again??