White Stuff!!

Mice!

It's happened, its snowed, which means the roads will come to a stand still.

M6 is already crawling around 27-25 apparently as there waiting for a snow plow?? If only we knew when the bad weather would be coming πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

But I'm parked on my drive, haven't gone in yet so i don't wake anyone up, be safe people.

The best thing about the snow and ice is it stops the news bring exclusively blooming brexit πŸ˜‚ we’ve got ice and a skittering of snow but nothing really. But the trip to work has taken forever because people can’t drive. Hoping for a bit more tomorrow and a quieter commute...or a day off to go shooting πŸ˜‚

5 hours ago, Mice! said:

It's happened, its snowed, which means the roads will come to a stand still.

M6 is already crawling around 27-25 apparently as there waiting for a snow plow?? If only we knew when the bad weather would be coming πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

But I'm parked on my drive, haven't gone in yet so i don't wake anyone up, be safe people.

Drove over J27 at 7am, southbound was at a standstill.Β 

Used low ratio box through the back roads from there onwards...

8 hours ago, Benthejockey said:

The best thing about the snow and ice is it stops the news bring exclusively blooming brexit πŸ˜‚ we’ve got ice and a skittering of snow but nothing really. But the trip to work has taken forever because people can’t drive. Hoping for a bit more tomorrow and a quieter commute...or a day off to go shooting πŸ˜‚

that's it isn't it, little bit of snow and everyone forgets how to drive 😯 

26 minutes ago, walshie said:

BBC weather forecast for today in my town:Β Gales and heavy snow! Warning! Don't travel unless absolutely necessary.

Actual weather: No wind. No snow. Quite a nice day.Β 

They couldn't evenΒ get half of their forecast right.Β 

they were just trying to scare people and keep them off the roads.

On 30/01/2019 at 12:53, scobydog said:

n5" here, roads were gridlocked earlier, wife had to abandon the car as everyone had forgotten how to drive for some reason, roads just slush now but footpaths etc still covered inΒ  snow.

They have not forgotten how to drive, ice simply highlights how bad their driving actually isΒ  !Β  Β People still leave the houseΒ at the same time, they then spend 20 minutes scraping ice off their vehicle. Strangely enough, this STILL does not give them any clues as to what the road conditions could be like. They then drive like idiots because they are now late ? As and when they do have that collision, it then becomes the fault of the local Council,Β  for not gritting the roads they travel onΒ  !Β  Having scraped up the aftermath of these idiots ventures for many years, it has made me a little cynical, I suppose.

just showed Cornwall on the news, cars all over the place, unable to get up the hills, looks bad.

8 minutes ago, walshie said:

Hasn't stopped them going to the supermarket. Looks like a plague of locusts has been through it.Β 

Stocking up for the few days of bad weatherΒ