Life in the UK test papers

oowee

Here are some sample questions for the life in the UK test for a British passport.

1. Which of the following statements is correct. 

A. In 1640, Puritan MP's didn't agree with Charles 1's policies and refused to give him money.  B. Charles, 1 was a famous Puritan, who advocated strict and simple religious doctrine and worship.

2. Is this statement true or false Eid ul Adha and Eid al-Fitr are religious festivals celebrated by muslims in the UK.

3. Some people in Britain were opposed to the slave trade . Who set up the first formal anti-slavery groups in the late 1700's. A. Methodists B. Mormons C Quakers D Puritans.

4. True or false. Protestants believed that a persons own relationship with god was more important than submitting tothe authority of the church. 

5. Which two of the following names may be given to the day before lent starts. A. Ash Wednesday B. Shrove Tuesday C. Good Friday D. Pancake day.

My wife just sat hers. 

To say there is an over simplification of history is an understatement. It actually angered me. 

It's also largely irrelevant. There is a section on life and law in modern UK but its really short and still not that useful. Nothing on where to find information or how to pay taxes or anything else. 

My wife's questions were all around WWII. How is that helpful? 

I fully support the ammendments suggested by Dara O'Brien. Just some basic complete the following sentance:

"Frosties, they're... What?" 

"The referees a.... What?" 

👍

1 hour ago, Lord v said:

My wife just sat hers. 

To say there is an over simplification of history is an understatement. It actually angered me. 

It's also largely irrelevant. There is a section on life and law in modern UK but its really short and still not that useful. Nothing on where to find information or how to pay taxes or anything else. 

My wife's questions were all around WWII. How is that helpful? 

I fully support the ammendments suggested by Dara O'Brien. Just some basic complete the following sentance:

"Frosties, they're... What?" 

"The referees a.... What?" 

👍

Exactly my point it's pretty irrelevant stuff. What does it do to ensure that the person taking the test has a knowledge of British life. My wife has to also take the language test (I think the nearest is Wales) despite working for a British company for 15 years. It's a PITA and technically not required until you see the Windrush carp and then it seems worth the £1330.

18 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i just wonder who are these people that work in Goverment and make up these questions

You don't need to wonder oldy, it's blatantly obvious. The same as recent revisions to the driving test, more important to be able to programme a sat nav than manoeuvre the vehicle effectively?

Just where do they find them?

I bet most uk born people would fail the tests if just randomly given one to complete. Yet they are British.  Meaningless tests, speaking and reading English language would be more helpful. Not past history.

Basic manners expected of them and conduct along with basic understanding of laws. Like drink driving and you can't carry weapons of rape people, basic stuff some don't or won't understand as they can do as they please in their home countries.

Edited by figgy

1 minute ago, figgy said:

I bet most uk born people would fail the tests if just randomly given one to complete. Yet they are British.  Meaningless tests, speaking and reading English language would be more helpful. Not past history.

Just like the country seems to have become, meaningless and irrelevant?

3 minutes ago, old man said:

You don't need to wonder oldy, it's blatantly obvious. The same as recent revisions to the driving test, more important to be able to programme a sat nav than manoeuvre the vehicle effectively?

Just where do they find them?

hello, there is something i did not know, a sat nav question in the driving test, ? i am sure the Civil Service has a think tank full of loonies

54 minutes ago, figgy said:

Basic manners expected of them and conduct along with basic understanding of laws. Like drink driving and you can't carry weapons of rape people, basic stuff some don't or won't understand as they can do as they please in their home countries.

Believe it or not Figgy, but I’m pretty sure that even the nationals of the Countries your possibly referring too, are subject to laws outlawing DD, rape and offensive weapons.

But carry on thinking 🤔 

I do however agree with your opening line.