Help

hodge911

Need some help 

Is there anyone on here rewind electric motors ?

I was given a frankford arsenal tumbler (brand new in unopened box) opened it up and it had a u.s plug fitted so I chopped it off and fitted a uk plug (found out correct code for u.s wire colours) plugged in switched on 👍 .

It ran for about 20 seconds then went up in a puff of smoke , so I stripped the motor out only to find its rated at 120v 60hz 0.6A .

The winding on the motor has fried but everything else is still like new .... I've looked around the net and its a shaded pole motor .... I've read that it is possible to get it rewound up to 240v so is there anyone on here that can do it .

Will put some pictures up when I resize them 

Get a new one and use a plug in transformer or whatver the thingy is called to take 240 down to 120. I have one for a couple of units I brought back from the USA. Just plugs in the 3 pin and then you plug the American unit into that. It even has the US two pin on mine.  I would think you could get one shipped if you couldn't buy one here.

32 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Get a new one and use a plug in transformer or whatver the thingy is called to take 240 down to 120. I have one for a couple of units I brought back from the USA. Just plugs in the 3 pin and then you plug the American unit into that. It even has the US two pin on mine.  I would think you could get one shipped if you couldn't buy one here.

It's a stepdown transformer and you can buy them here.