Snow on last shoot then

ShootingEgg

Yep, sensible to stay off the roads if you can just to avoid the idiots.  I just had two days in Lincolnshire yesterday and day before, back to back and jeeesh was it cold yesterday but we still managed 68 head. I left early because they forecast heavy snow on the A47 Uppingham but absolutely nothing, lovely dry drive home and no snow this morning either...west Leicestershire/Four Counties.  I must admit I do enjoy shooting on a snow covered day, just adds to the magic.  It's all over for another year, now plans for next season.

24 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Yep, sensible to stay off the roads if you can just to avoid the idiots.  I just had two days in Lincolnshire yesterday and day before, back to back and jeeesh was it cold yesterday but we still managed 68 head. I left early because they forecast heavy snow on the A47 Uppingham but absolutely nothing, lovely dry drive home and no snow this morning either...west Leicestershire/Four Counties.  I must admit I do enjoy shooting on a snow covered day, just adds to the magic.  It's all over for another year, now plans for next season.

Roads would be so much safer without them! particularly the fools in Mercs and BMW's and any other rear wheeled drive car. They all end up beached on the side of the road! The other half's parents have just bought a new BMW X3. it'll be interesting to see how that does, given it's supposed to be a 4x4

9 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

Roads would be so much safer without them! particularly the fools in Mercs and BMW's and any other rear wheeled drive car. They all end up beached on the side of the road! The other half's parents have just bought a new BMW X3. it'll be interesting to see how that does, given it's supposed to be a 4x4

I've got x-drive on my 3 series and it surprised me how well it handed the snow (and mud after thawing) last year with regular tyres on, some of my previous RWD cars have needed snow tyres to be reliable in bad weather.

5 years out of the last 6 in it has snowed on cock day. We had 2 days back to back this year and it was a fantastic turn out on two very cold days and the bag of 168 on day 1 and 159 on day 2 did us proud. Shame I forgot how to shoot on the first day and spent most of it bothering clouds. Made up for it on the second day. Bring on the roost shooting!

First two days we had hard frost  down to -11 but sunny

First day walking up the boundary's of the estate  145 head

Second day  196 head

Third we started in a snow blizzard that eased off and sunny most of the day with the odd flurry  181 head

Everyone enjoyed it and the crack was good plenty drink and food

Just a shame it's finnished till next season