Heart bypass update.

samboy

Hi gang.

Well i went in on the 23rd Jan and had the op on the 24th. It was a triple i had and it took about 4hrs.

I came home on the 30th . But god i feel rough, just hope i start feeling well soon.

Had it done at Barts in London and could not fault the staff.

Will let you know how i feel in a few weeks.

Dad was booked in for a quad, couldn’t get to the one behind the heart safely! So ended up a triple. His quality of life changed once he had recuperated! For the first few month the cushion pulled tight to the chest to cough was agony for him as was a lot of certain upper body movement. But once he recovered he was out in the garden and pottering in again! He has recently had a hip done and in recovery for that, and had to have cataracts done and this last week an op on his eye lid as it was turning in and scratching his eye. Wishing you a speedy recovery :good: 

Hi Samboy I hope things have improved a little since your last post. I am waiting to have my blood pump done, it looks like it will be a triple, Question :- once it is all done and healed up, how long will it be before you can go shooting again.

best regards

Edited by Sundodger
Missed some words

• 3 months later...

h I Bruno 22rf,

thanks for the advice, had my Op on cthe 6 th April, and I am into my seventh week of recovery, I had. Couple of hiccups in the first couple of weeks but all is going very well. And hopefully I will be back in the field when the season gets going. At moment I am waiting on the phyio people to get in touch. The staff in the Hospital where second to none. A great bunch of gals and guys.

Sundodger

Edited by Sundodger