Six nations

fuzzypigeon

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wales were awful in the first half and not much better in the second but France were decent in the first and clueless in the second so Wales got the result.

First half- Not the kind of performance anyone expects from Wales. Poor basic skills, poor management and decision making but you have to give credit to France who starved Wales of possession and made it count. They weren't brilliant but deserved their lead and possibly more. Welsh defence saved the first half.

Second half- I would like to have been a fly on the wall in the Welsh dressing room! Different side in the 1st 10 minutes and France lost the plot. They don't know how to win a game. But Wales played smarter, made less errors and took advantage of the French mistakes, possibly mistakes that were made due do Welsh pressure.

Yes, the two tries were absolute gifts but you still have to be there to take advantage and not every side would have been.

Let's hope the rest of the tournament shows better skill levels (but the the results keep going the Wales ' way!!

Edd

France 1st half domnated,then gifted Wales 2 v sloppy tries.......if Wales can win playing frankly very poorly bodes well for them

Ireland have been the rugby team in World rugby in last 18 months,great pack(awesome Props) fab half backs and top wings...It will be interesting to see with them as clear favourites how they deliver....England as big underdogs are dangerous and Manu will break Ringrose in half...I think it will revolve around how England deal with Connor Murrays excellent box kicking and it will be a closer game than most think. Looking forward to it.

Agree about ringrose....just dont get all the hype...championed as B,od mark 2....but hes to light build wise and whenever i see him even at ulster matches i just dont get it....

Think the ire pack still way ahead omahony will annoy the life out of the english and in stockdale we have the match winner.....roll on kick off.....

The French didnt play well, but the first half they didn’t make the silly mistakes that wales made and in fairness they deserved to be ahead, the second half the French bottled it when they came under pressure from wales.

i think Ireland will frustrate England, but if England can make it a big pitch and use the width well they should get some success but if they try to bully Ireland I think Ireland will be too much for them.

54 minutes ago, millrace said:

Agree about ringrose....just dont get all the hype...championed as B,od mark 2....but hes to light build wise and whenever i see him even at ulster matches i just dont get it....

Think the ire pack still way ahead omahony will annoy the life out of the english and in stockdale we have the match winner.....roll on kick off.....

not long, I've told the misses it's take away for tea tonight as the rugby is on 🍺😉 

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I would love to know what was said in the Welsh Dressing Room at half time!

I imagine there were several swear words, told to stop messing about and get back to the game plan.

21 hours ago, millrace said:

I think from englands team selection the plan B is to try and rough it up to ireland....oh dear eddie how we hope you try.........!!!!!!!!

How did that go then? ;)

Wonderful performance by England. Didn't give Ireland a look in. In your face rugby for 80 minutes! 

I just hope we can back it up!

We'll, that's probably upset a few folk? I didn't enjoy the attacking side of the game from England thought they kicked too much and didn't seem to be running the right channels getting in each other's way.

But defence was top draw, put Ireland under pressure and really happy Manu was back, so does that put us on course to win it? Hope so.