Six nations

fuzzypigeon

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turned on the tv last night to find Wales were 16 (?) nil down at half time and fully expected France to win, so was delighted this morning to find Wales had won! Watched the Scotland / Italy game and was pleased with the result, but the England / Ireland game I thought was a very physical game with some superbly aggressive tackling by England; a well deserved win.

Good to watch so far. 👍

The lads were absolutely great today

Faster harder and outplayed the Irish Who i think were thinking of titles before playing the matches

Never being beat in two years in front of their home ground

They were given a lesson by an inspired team performance

Brilliant to watch and am, proud of the lads  and no one player of the match All players of the match

Only caught the second half, as I'd forgotten to set the recorder. Highlight for me was Tuiliagi's monster tackle on the Irish 13, who took a pass then took the hit, getting shunted back about 6 feet by Tuiliagi, who appeared to be taking the shortest route to get to the ball - straight through...

I'll bet the lad is feeling that this morning.

14 hours ago, sabel25 said:

The lads were absolutely great today

Faster harder and outplayed the Irish Who i think were thinking of titles before playing the matches

Never being beat in two years in front of their home ground

They were given a lesson by an inspired team performance

Brilliant to watch and am, proud of the lads  and no one player of the match All players of the match

Got to agree, well played England

I thought Ireland were starved of possession and devoid of ideas when they did get any ball.

England's game plan worked and they obviously deserved their win but Ireland were poor.

Didn't see enough to make predictions on the championship, it's wide open now and all to play for. I can see it coming down to bonus points though.

Edd

4 hours ago, eddoakley said:

I thought Ireland were starved of possession and devoid of ideas when they did get any ball.

England's game plan worked and they obviously deserved their win but Ireland were poor.

Didn't see enough to make predictions on the championship, it's wide open now and all to play for. I can see it coming down to bonus points though.

Edd

i am glad you see it more open than i do. not being too biased i only see one team after those performances

1 hour ago, hambone said:

😂😂😂

I think I have to agree with Hambone. One decent performance and England are being touted as champions and World Cup contenders!!

Wales were clueless in the 1st half but even with the French implosion, coming back from 16-0 at half time is quite some feat. To be that bad and still win shows a lot. I can't see Wales being so poor again.

France did very little in the 1st half, still worth their lead but against a side that had no idea. That's in line with their form and for my money is unlikely to change.

England played well and frustrated Ireland but Ireland were poor. Certainly not upto their recent form. I expect more from them in the coming games.

England have won one game, admittedly against the odds and pretty convincingly but I didn't see an awful lot to start raving about. The press and England support will undoubtedly see it differently as usual.

Scotland and Italy performed pretty much as expected and I don't think anyone ever expects either to contest for the title.

England will look to build on a good performance.

Ireland will look to come back from what is generally accepted as a shock and I'm sure their will be a backlash from them.

Wales will have had a rocket up them and won't be as poor again, if they don't improve massively they have no hope against England or Ireland.

For my money there are still 3 teams capable of winning the championship and as I said before I think bonus points might play a part.

Edd

Watching the Wales game on BBC Wales was painful. The fawning over everything the Welsh team did (yes, even in the first half) was truly sick-making. "Excellent this, excellent that."

Even the way they failed to tackle someone was apparently brilliant. Fair enough, support your team, but how can you find positives in a team playing like Carmarthen Comprehensive second XV?

I disagree that Ireland were poor. They were smothered by England and I believe Ireland would have beaten any of the other 4 teams if they played them yesterday.

2 minutes ago, walshie said:

Watching the Wales game on BBC Wales was painful. The fawning over everything the Welsh team did (yes, even in the first half) was truly sick-making. "Excellent this, excellent that."

Even the way they failed to tackle someone was apparently brilliant. Fair enough, support your team, but how can you find positives in a team playing like Carmarthen Comprehensive second XV?

I disagree that Ireland were poor. They were smothered by England and I believe Ireland would have beaten any of the other 4 teams if they played them yesterday.

I don't think Wales played that well in the first half!

12 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I don't think Wales played that well in the first half!

or the second half. could easily been a different result. won the game off the back of some huge errors by france. i think there attacking options will have to change dramatically to challenge england or ireland. with dan bigger likely to come in for anscome i think it will be a lot more of percentage game than attacking flair

Just now, bumpy22 said:

or the second half. could easily been a different result. won the game off the back of some huge errors by france. i think there attacking options will have to change dramatically to challenge england or ireland. with dan bigger likely to come in for anscome i think it will be a lot more of percentage game than attacking flair

I think you may well be correct.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wales stick with the same 9 and 10 starting against Italy.

Yes they were absolutely clueless but I was quite surprised that they were changed at the time they were. Wales had just come back into the game and I thought they were just settling down. I guess the changes were already planned at that point.

I think they will be given the start to try to give some confidence.

If Wales play a decent attacking game next week and run in a few 1st half tries then Paris will be a distant memory and the confidence of a 10/11 game winning run will show through and plans will be made for the big challenges of the other two contenders.

I still think Ireland will be the biggest test for Wales. Like I keep saying, I still think it's very open.

Edd

Now I live in Wales, I'm really not looking forward to the Wales England game. If England win the locals will be unbearable, walking around sulking, talking about bad reffing etc. If Wales win, they'll be equally unbearable, just in a different way. :D