Six nations

fuzzypigeon

12 minutes ago, walshie said:

Now I live in Wales, I'm really not looking forward to the Wales England game. If England win the locals will be unbearable, walking around sulking, talking about bad reffing etc. If Wales win, they'll be equally unbearable, just in a different way. 

Consistently whingeing Welshmen.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, walshie said:

Now I live in Wales, I'm really not looking forward to the Wales England game. If England win the locals will be unbearable, walking around sulking, talking about bad reffing etc. If Wales win, they'll be equally unbearable, just in a different way. 

i think you are safe and know what the result will be:yahoo:

On 03/02/2019 at 20:55, hambone said:

Consistently bragging Englishmen....No wonder the rest of us fall over laughing when you inevitably **** up. 😭🙄

very true sir i am afraid :yes: but i cant see this year where the slip up is going to happen with ireland ripped apart:hmm::lol:

On 03/02/2019 at 20:55, hambone said:

Consistently bragging Englishmen....No wonder the rest of us fall over laughing when you inevitably **** up. 😭🙄

Last time Wales beat England in the 6 nations was 2013, so you're due a win about now. 

To make up for 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018. :whistling:

1 hour ago, walshie said:

I remember watching an England Wales match in a pub in Bala 🙂 Two of us cheering England to a win, very nearly ended badly 🤕

2 hours ago, eddoakley said:

still think Ireland will be the biggest test for Wales

always one of my favourite games to watch, no quarter asked and none given.

47 minutes ago, walshie said:

Last time Wales beat England in the 6 nations was 2013, so you're due a win about now. 

To make up for 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018. 

careful now walshie they'll be falling out with you and its only week one, but boy did i take some stick that year.

I still think France will be tricky, you just never quite know how there going to play or turn up, rule out the two or three howlers and they smashed Wales?

2 hours ago, walshie said:

Agreed. It's this attitude that's killed this particular match for me. I used to love it, but the attitude from a lot of Welsh fans is just so tiresome that all the fun's gone. I can even pinpoint the game that did it. 

A few years ago, we played the Welsh in Wales on a Friday night as the Six Nations opener. I was in Cardiff watching it in the pub with a (welsh) mate. The pre match stuff was absurd: Fireworks, a montage of BIG Welsh tackles on English players and that idiotic thing of not coming out until England had, hoping to make the English players stand there and FEEEL the hatred in the stadium, so when England refused to go we had a rather childish stand-off. Even my Welsh friend thought it had all got too much. To cap it off, we went and beat them, so it was all for nothing, achieved nothing and just epitomised the stupidity of the almost completely one-way rivalry.

15 Six Nations fixtures and there's only one for which I'll probably just wait for the score and move on!

10 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

Agreed. It's this attitude that's killed this particular match for me. I used to love it, but the attitude from a lot of Welsh fans is just so tiresome that all the fun's gone. I can even pinpoint the game that did it. 

A few years ago, we played the Welsh in Wales on a Friday night as the Six Nations opener. I was in Cardiff watching it in the pub with a (welsh) mate. The pre match stuff was absurd: Fireworks, a montage of BIG Welsh tackles on English players and that idiotic thing of not coming out until England had, hoping to make the English players stand there and FEEEL the hatred in the stadium, so when England refused to go we had a rather childish stand-off. Even my Welsh friend thought it had all got too much. To cap it off, we went and beat them, so it was all for nothing, achieved nothing and just epitomised the stupidity of the almost completely one-way rivalry.

15 Six Nations fixtures and there's only one for which I'll probably just wait for the score and move on!

Patriotism or Nationalism?.....look up the difference!....that explains it for me!

48 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Patriotism or Nationalism?.....look up the difference!....that explains it for me!

Er no, it's neither, because it's specifically targeted against England. Remember the advert 'who do you want to lose?' That's not about nationalism, or patriotism, that was about hoping another team loses every match even if your own team's interests are irrelevant. And then the 2017 one that got pulled by the BBC? again it wasn't about what's great about Wales, it was there's nothing good about England. 

Supporting your nation to the hilt, wanting your team to win every match, putting daffodils and leeks everywhere, singing Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau at every given opportunity, that's all part of the fun and culture of the Six Nations. But when it comes to wanting England to lose purely because they're English? I've got no time for it. 

12 hours ago, Mice! said:

always one of my favourite games to watch, no quarter asked and none given.

careful now walshie they'll be falling out with you and its only week one, but boy did i take some stick that year.

I still think France will be tricky, you just never quite know how there going to play or turn up, rule out the two or three howlers and they smashed Wales?

isn't it just the opposite of what happened in the first half?,welsh howlers in first half and french howlers second half??

3 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

I didn't see the game, so can't comment. But I would have been cheering on Wales, despite being English.

P.S. I even cheer for Scotland

That is what I meant, when I highlighted the difference between Patriotism and Nationalism.....England supporters are generally patriotic to the UK, can you say that about other UK "countries supporters? Who cheer when England lose!

Well going off what three articles said in Mondays paper England's performance was near perfect? 

And Sir Clive says Scotland should beat Ireland Saturday!! Ireland will real from the defeat apparently? I'm expecting a wounded animal and Scotland to suffer the backlash.

i dont see any of these games being big scoring. ireland will revert to basics to get them over the line against scotland. wales will lose there attacking flair and stick with biggar for the territory. france have too many mistakes in them to attack fully. i hate to say it i dont think england will perform to that standard again except maybe against wales;)but will have too much for them anyway.  

Italy to scare the Welsh boys.......even an historic win possible, 10 changes by Wales.....anything could happen!Scotland made too many silly errors 2nd half...frankly had a good chance with better execution.Irish defence end of 1st half was excellent...good game to watch especially 1st half..CArberry grew into the shirt(having thrown the interception pass)..Sexton clearly targetted again...