Six nations

fuzzypigeon

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently sat in a high seat waiting for a fallow or two, a dog walker parking right in front of me has meant that I've lost a bit of interest and I have been read I g about the game. Plenty of people saying France have been awful but also plenty saying that England have been very good.

England have to be huge favourites for the title now but it ain't over til the fat chick gives a tune.

Nobody else has put together any kind of performance yet. I still think there is a lot more to come from Wales and remain hopeful that we can choose the team and the tactics on the day to beat England which I think will be the decider. We still have to overcome Ireland and Scotland but don't think they pose the challenge that England do.

Edd

I find it incredible that certain nations love to say when England play well, it's always because the other team were so bad. France were no worse than they were last week and Wales made a right meal out of scraping a win against them. England demolished them. I can't see Wales causing England any problems at all. Our hardest game in this 6 nations was always going to be Ireland, and we beat them.

3 hours ago, walshie said:

I find it incredible that certain nations love to say when England play well, it's always because the other team were so bad. France were no worse than they were last week and Wales made a right meal out of scraping a win against them. England demolished them. I can't see Wales causing England any problems at all. Our hardest game in this 6 nations was always going to be Ireland, and we beat them.

did france play well?

3 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

What an absolutely wonderful game of Rugby, England took it to France and they had no answer, good to see the best Ref still making great rugby even better!

1 hour ago, ShootingEgg said:

Got to agree with this.. Great rugby made better by a ref that lets the game flow

Bit behind, just watched the game, boom

The ref certainly had a good game with advantage and awareness being excellent, and the way he speaks to the players.

I think the tactics were spot on today really putting a clue less French team to the sword, the last third of the game was a little flat but that's because as a contest it was over 

Wales need to go up 2 gears,which at home and against England they are capable of.......Will need to start well as England are executing far better than have done for a number of years...albeit only in 2 games!...Wales were poor against France 1st half...and mediocre albeit it a b team against Ireland.But Gatland will have his A team out sat here tonight Wales have a big task on their hands...Engalnd look strong/composed with little weakness.

• 2 weeks later...

A big weekend ahead. England have smashed every team so far where as wales have scraped by but on a great run . the best in their history. I suspect it will be closer game than before with the ball being kept tight. I think wales will be the ones to play the more attacking game with anscombe in for biggar. But i still dont see them winning. Should be quite a atmosphere 

29 minutes ago, bumpy22 said:

A big weekend ahead. England have smashed every team so far where as wales have scraped by but on a great run . the best in their history. I suspect it will be closer game than before with the ball being kept tight. I think wales will be the ones to play the more attacking game with anscombe in for biggar. But i still dont see them winning. Should be quite a atmosphere 

Yep that's how I see it to, will have to pack up a bit earlier tomorrow cant miss this one.

13 hours ago, sabel25 said:

Just heard that the stadium roof will be open on Englands request and Wales are up in arms about it

Don't see how it matters?

I think England will just carry on as they have, playing dominant defence, turning wales around and picking up points. Probably not a big scoring game, hopefully just England smashing wales at the break down.

Always a big game though in Wales, you know Wales will lift their game for England.

England by ten.

14 hours ago, sabel25 said:

Just heard that the stadium roof will be open on Englands request and Wales are up in arms about it

Sounds like Wales are getting their excuses in early in readiness for the rugby lesson England will give them tomorrow. 

"it was the roof. It was the ref. It was a forward pass. May was offside. etc, etc"