Six nations

fuzzypigeon

Hands up I thought that England were going to give us a hiding.

3 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Isn't that slightly...silly?

If Ireland beat you, England will probably win the 6 Nations. Is beating England more important than winning the championship - especially if it'd mean England winning it? Genuine question... 

In a nutshell YES 

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wales deserved that. They handled the England rush defence very well. England’s kicking game was poor and easily dealt with by the Welsh back 3, Williams was very good. Tom Curry was excellent for England but too many could not handle the pressure when it counted. AW Jones was just the type of old dog that England lacked, he was at his best disrupting and generally being a pain in back side all game.

I was hoping that England continued with the kicking over the top game :yes:. Wales and Ireland normally excel at attacking from this but Ireland had an off day witch may have built up England's hopes on this strategy. Disappointed with England's lack of a plan "B" especially with the strong core and center they have available 

27 minutes ago, Clodhopper said:

Wales deserved that. They handled the England rush defence very well. England’s kicking game was poor and easily dealt with by the Welsh back 3, Williams was very good. Tom Curry was excellent for England but too many could not handle the pressure when it counted. AW Jones was just the type of old dog that England lacked, he was at his best disrupting and generally being a pain in back side all game.

Sums it up, only just finished watching the game, was out playing so had it recording.

Owen said they couldn't get a foot hold in the last 30 minutes, constant pressure from both teams, but Wales have forgotten how to loose, they kept their shape better when subs were made and beat England at their own game, at half time i thought it was close but going to be ok 😭😭

WP_20190223_18_49_30_Pro.jpg.1f057c7b860ffc4084ac17abfb16669d.jpg

6 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Sums it up, only just finished watching the game, was out playing so had it recording.

Owen said they couldn't get a foot hold in the last 30 minutes, constant pressure from both teams, but Wales have forgotten how to loose, they kept their shape better when subs were made and beat England at their own game, at half time i thought it was close but going to be ok 😭😭

WP_20190223_18_49_30_Pro.jpg.1f057c7b860ffc4084ac17abfb16669d.jpg

I might be wrong but I think that young lad is Welsh :whistling:

On ‎02‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 18:53, walshie said:

Arguably our hardest game safely out the way now. 

Lol

On ‎02‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 21:14, bumpy22 said:

i think eddie has found the team he wanted now manu is fit and billy is back. they were certainly some great performances. the best sporting tournament by far. roll on the rest of the fixtures

Not quite 😂

On 03/02/2019 at 17:48, hambone said:

😂😂😂

On 03/02/2019 at 22:51, chrisjpainter said:

Agreed. It's this attitude that's killed this particular match for me. I used to love it, but the attitude from a lot of Welsh fans is just so tiresome that all the fun's gone. I can even pinpoint the game that did it. 

A few years ago, we played the Welsh in Wales on a Friday night as the Six Nations opener. I was in Cardiff watching it in the pub with a (welsh) mate. The pre match stuff was absurd: Fireworks, a montage of BIG Welsh tackles on English players and that idiotic thing of not coming out until England had, hoping to make the English players stand there and FEEEL the hatred in the stadium, so when England refused to go we had a rather childish stand-off. Even my Welsh friend thought it had all got too much. To cap it off, we went and beat them, so it was all for nothing, achieved nothing and just epitomised the stupidity of the almost completely one-way rivalry.

15 Six Nations fixtures and there's only one for which I'll probably just wait for the score and move on!

Just move on fella 😂

4 minutes ago, henry d said:

Not much backing of the Welsh team before the game, plenty crowing after it. Perhaps there was little confidence in the team in the first place?

There was none. There wouldn't be a Welshman on this site if England had won again. As I said in a previous post, Wales are bad losers but terrible winners. 

On ‎10‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 17:14, walshie said:

I find it incredible that certain nations love to say when England play well, it's always because the other team were so bad. France were no worse than they were last week and Wales made a right meal out of scraping a win against them. England demolished them. I can't see Wales causing England any problems at all. Our hardest game in this 6 nations was always going to be Ireland, and we beat them.

Yawn 😂

5 minutes ago, WelshAndy said:

Sounds like you are the bad losers.... 

Cymru am byth. 

No. I said Well done Wales. That's called a gracious loser. 

10 minutes ago, hambone said:

Yawn 😂

I'm flattered you're going through the whole topic to comment on things I said but it just proves my point. Perhaps you should have backed your team before the match instead of in hindsight.