Six nations

fuzzypigeon

1 hour ago, The Heron said:

Yes you would expect England to beat Italy there was still some poor play from England and they still pursue that kicking game when possesstion would be a better idea, I cannot wait for next Saturday. 

Yes I'm expecting Wales Ireland to be the game of the tournament, i just hope Ireland noticed how much of a difference it made in the second half when Scotland stopped kicking high balls and switched to cheeky chips.

I also think Wales have had a much tougher game than Ireland will have against France so would expect Ireland to be fresher.

As for England Scotland, I'm expecting us to win it but not a big score, some of Scotland's team really gave a 110% yesterday and that showed with the injuries so not sure what sort of team Scotland will have, the winger number 11 was outstanding and seemed to move at twice everyone else's speed, number 20 when he came on seemed unstoppable, i couldn't understand him only being given ten minutes.

Roll on next week 👏👏👏 

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Wales ground out a win yesterday Ireland look like there going to cruise to victory so,

1 hour ago, mick miller said:

I think Ireland will be the undoing of Wales' championship hopes, England will beat Scotland comfortably and the lack of a bonus point for Wales will mean that England will win the championship, Wales placed second.

I think this is bang on, and I'm in no way biased 😂😂 

You mean you'll keep quiet, hope you win then give it loads? We can all have an opinion after the event.

Why not be brave and actually say how you think the game will go🤔

20 minutes ago, andrewluke said:

well!,like the other games i'll let the rugby do the talking😉

Just now, Mice! said:

You mean you'll keep quiet, hope you win then give it loads? We can all have an opinion after the event.

Why not be brave and actually say how you think the game will go🤔

it's better than "giving it loads" before the game and looking like a right **** after the game😀,

7 minutes ago, andrewluke said:

it's better than "giving it loads" before the game and looking like a right **** after the game😀,

Not really, just means your keeping quiet in case things don't go your way, shows a lack of faith in your team?? 😉 

whichever way it goes it has been a great tournament this year. good luck to the three teams fighting it out. the only downside is italy i dont like to kick them when they are down . but at the moment they seem in a worse position than when they joined the five nations. surely some of the other teams should be given a chance to be promoted

1 hour ago, bumpy22 said:

whichever way it goes it has been a great tournament this year. good luck to the three teams fighting it out. the only downside is italy i dont like to kick them when they are down . but at the moment they seem in a worse position than when they joined the five nations. surely some of the other teams should be given a chance to be promoted

Italy should have been kicked out of the 6 nations a long time ago. They are purely in it just to give the other teams a chance of a bonus point.  Maybe give Georgia or someone a chance, but if they aren't up to scratch either, go back to 5 nations. They can't enjoy getting a yearly thrashing. 

all teams have played to win to the death first class rugby improving all the way to the final      sportsmanship above all else win or loose rugby is not soccer  no magic sponge or dirty play yes sir to the ref how can I help     a gentleman's sport win or loose excellent play to date no team has given up until final whistle 1st class sport cant wait until next week end should be first class 

8 hours ago, walshie said:

Italy should have been kicked out of the 6 nations a long time ago. They are purely in it just to give the other teams a chance of a bonus point.  Maybe give Georgia or someone a chance, but if they aren't up to scratch either, go back to 5 nations. They can't enjoy getting a yearly thrashing. 

I think your right and there captain is retiring so he will be even a bigger loss   

8 hours ago, walshie said:

Yes it must be soul destroying for Italy, it probably all boils down to cash again.

11 hours ago, walshie said:

Apparently Jeremy Guscott said the same, but watching the highlights program Sunday evening Brian Moore made a good point, saying Italy have improved only getting beaten by most teams by around ten points, only England have put a big score on them. The problem is everyone else has improved as well.

I still see Italy as a rest week, fringe players coming in people back from injury and me giving the misses a week where I'm not saying"sorry love rugby is on"

8 hours ago, Saltings said:

all teams have played to win to the death first class rugby improving all the way to the final      sportsmanship above all else win or loose rugby is not soccer  no magic sponge or dirty play yes sir to the ref how can I help     a gentleman's sport win or loose excellent play to date no team has given up until final whistle 1st class sport cant wait until next week end should be first class 

Spot on! I love the 6 nations it shows top class sport being played properly, Fairley and is a pleasure to watch.

I said at the outset the Ireland would be the big game for Wales and I'm obviously happy to be looking forward to a possible Grand Slam on Saturday. 

I still think it will be tough and a very different game to the others so far. Ireland will be more likely to make breaks from their own half or the middle of the field with, I think, fewer periods of prolonged pressure without scores. And I envisage more points than the other games Wales have played.

Wales have a game plan and stick to it. Nobody seems to panic. In France we were awful but didn't fall apart instead coming back from 16 points down to win.

Against Scotland in the second half I think Wales showed that they are one of if not the best defensive side in the world. There are not many teams that could defend for 30 odd minutes and only let in one score. If we (Wales) can now show some of the attacking ability I think we will overcome the Irish. 

It could be the game of the tournament.

I may even go to see it.....

Edd

On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 18:09, eddoakley said:

could be the game of the tournament.

I may even go to see it.....

A welsh man backing his team before the game has finished 👏👏👏 hope you have a good day ( not a great day) 😘 

I'm looking forward to it I hope we win....its going to be a tough ole game also really glad at the mo that Italy aren't that good yet as I'm Welsh Italian I might be dead before that game comes round 😃.

All the best to both teams but..two teams enter one team leaves.

cheers

MM

Edited by madmax666

2 hours ago, Rim Fire said:

Weather forecast for us tomorrow is horrendous and they want the roof open 😕

I thought that was a bit odd. They do have some good ball carrying forwards and we do have some dangerous backs, but the same could be said the other way around. Might not be as exciting a running game as was hoping.

Edd