Six nations

fuzzypigeon

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, Mice! said:

There isn't another game, Scotland haven't turned up yet.

Don't enjoy such one sided games, but it looks good for the world cup, bar a bad half against Wales we've been flawless.

Really wont matter if you beat Scotland by 200pts England still come 2nd in the championship.

3 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Really wont matter if you beat Scotland by 200pts England still come 2nd in the championship.

Of course it Matters? I've just put the game back on Scotland are back in it, England probably switched off, i don't know.

like i said but for a poor half we've played great rugby throughout which is great for the world cup.

9 hours ago, Mice! said:

can't think if it was last last year or one before, Ireland v Wales the second half was just constant attack by Ireland and a master class in defence by Wales, not sure if a point was scored in the second half but it was a captivating game, and I've no idea who won, I'm expecting the same today.

I was there with my Dad and son. Wales won 22:9

Fantastic day, great memories that get a bit blurry for events after the game (my Dad took my son home before shenanigans got too disreputable!)

0-CDE0228-AA19-4-B56-9-CFD-B03-F2-F0-FF1

52603084-B65-A-4160-AEA2-3411-DE254747.j

1-E6-D7-F74-3-DAE-4-D41-AD64-C16-ADBC321

The Irish were magnanimous (and sloshed) in defeat!

B49-FC8-C7-0-B3-C-4-EB3-9213-A05-F494-AA

Wish I was in Cardiff tonight! 

My prediction of a close game was wrong, though penalties certainly played a roll!

Da iawn, pob!

Edited by Bangbangman

Oustanding day of rugby all round and Wales well deserved taking the honours this year.

Heart goes out to Italy and especially Parisse who were so close and should have won that game.Hes been a superb servant to Italian and indeed the whole game through the years and has been some player.

Our game went from despair to ecstasy and back to despair but some game with both teams having a superb half.Suppose we get to keep the Calcutta for another year but seems like a loss at the moment.

Edited by sako751sg

Just now, sako751sg said:

Oustanding day of rugby all round and Wales well deserved taking the honours this year.

Heart goes out to Italy and especially Parisse who were so close and should have won that game.Hes been a superb servant to Italian and indeed the whole game through the years and has been some player.

Our game went from despair to ecstasy and back to despair but some game with both teams have a superb half.Suppose we get to keep the Calcutta for another year but seems like a loss at the moment.

Parisse deserved to be in a far better team than Italy. Did you see his one handed reach and take from the lineout? amazing. I dread to think how bad Italy will be without him.

Just a wonderful game of rugby from start to finish - even if it was because each side only played for 40 minutes. Great fun to watch

39 minutes ago, Bangbangman said:

I was there with my Dad and son. Wales won 22:9

Fantastic day, great memories that get a bit blurry for events after the game (my Dad took my son home before shenanigans got too disreputable!)

0-CDE0228-AA19-4-B56-9-CFD-B03-F2-F0-FF1

52603084-B65-A-4160-AEA2-3411-DE254747.j

1-E6-D7-F74-3-DAE-4-D41-AD64-C16-ADBC321

The Irish were magnanimous (and sloshed) in defeat!

B49-FC8-C7-0-B3-C-4-EB3-9213-A05-F494-AA

Wish I was in Cardiff tonight! 

My prediction of a close game was wrong, though penalties certainly played a roll!

Da iawn, pob!

must have been some atmosphere that day, i bet you've got that picture of the three of you framed.

Just now, chrisjpainter said:

Parisse deserved to be in a far better team than Italy. Did you see his one handed reach and take from the lineout? amazing. I dread to think how bad Italy will be without him.

Just a wonderful game of rugby from start to finish - even if it was because each side only played for 40 minutes. Great fun to watch

Absolutely does.

Pretty sure he would have graced any top 6 nation and not looked out of place.His skill levels,and taking the one you mentioned,have always been a joy and again its testament to the man that he is so liked and held in high esteem by the games followers.

Aye,both have a superb half to remember and could be considered a loss by both sides.Seems like a loss just now after getting their noses in front but hats off to England,didnt let it go.

What an extraordinary game. 31:0 at half time to a 38:38 finish. 

Johnson timed that side-step perfectly for Scotland's last try. England did well to dig deep and engineered that last try under pressure of the clock.

Seems grossly unfair that Scotland (and Italy, for that matter) are at the bottom of the table. 

Makes you realise that you aren't safe at halftime (as I'm sure many Welsh supporters like me thought we were) even with a sizeable lead.

God I love rugby

Edited by Bangbangman

1 minute ago, Bangbangman said:

What an extraordinary game. 31:0 at half time to a 38:38 finish. 

Johnson timed that side-step perfectly. 

Seems grossly unfair that Scotland (and Italy, for that matter) are at the bottom of the table. 

Makes you realise that you aren't safe at halftime (as I'm sure many Welsh supporters like me thought we were) even with a sizeable lead.

God I love rugby

Think we are where we should be really.

Take away the second half against Wales and England,we have been bereft of ideas but a lot imo has been down to a bad injury list.Hogg was particulary missed as from fullback he is an important attacking dimension for us.

Finn Russell when on song is a joy to watch and has willing chasers but we seem to lack the killer touch when we have plenty phases round about the vital line.

2 minutes ago, sako751sg said:

Think we are where we should be really.

Take away the second half against Wales and England,we have been bereft of ideas but a lot imo has been down to a bad injury list.Hogg was particulary missed as from fullback he is an important attacking dimension for us.

Finn Russell when on song is a joy to watch and has willing chasers but we seem to lack the killer touch when we have plenty phases round about the vital line.

Depth of squad, like you say those two second half's were outstanding, obviously a change of tactics that the team took on board.

And it was 31-7 at half time so each half was a total reverse of scoring.

The wife said" that was enjoyable" think she was watching a different game than me ☹