Six nations

fuzzypigeon

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/03/2019 at 14:18, mick miller said:

I think Ireland will be the undoing of Wales' championship hopes, England will beat Scotland comfortably and the lack of a bonus point for Wales will mean that England will win the championship, Wales placed second.

Hope you didn’t have a serious bet it might have been the undoing of you.🤣🤣🤣

7 minutes ago, E.w. said:

Hope you didn’t have a serious bet it might have been the undoing of you.🤣🤣🤣

It's a prediction, Ireland didn't show up, the best team won the six nations, but you have to back your team, even if you're Scottish (and thankful that Italy are still in the competition). 

Edited by mick miller

1 hour ago, novice cushie shooter said:

Parisse is the most consistent player in the northern hemisphere imo. Imagine if he had slightly better players around him.... Just watching highlights now. 

Given Scotlands injuries and performances its a fair position. 

By highlights, I guess you mean the whole match!

What a game i've  only just got in took an hour to get out of the stadium. i missed the first half of England's game so when we got to the pub the score was 31 /7  next thing it 38 /38 Scotland must have been gutted.

When George North went off i thought we was going to suffer then AWJ got an injury the old chocolate starfish was twitching but bringing on Bigger meant two tens  on the field so the kicking game got better turning Ireland's forwards they was  starting to look tired when not on the front foot sexton didn't have his best game with no forward momentum  

Edited by Rim Fire

13 hours ago, Mice! said:

There isn't another game, Scotland haven't turned up yet.

Don't enjoy such one sided games, but it looks good for the world cup, bar a bad half against Wales we've been flawless.

Had a little chuckle at this one.

My head hurts. 

What a day of rugby.

Wales just keep beating what's in front of them. We haven't played any spectacular rugby in this campaign but have just done what's required.

Ireland were never in the game yesterday. Admittedly they didn't play well but that's mainly down to the way Wales pressured them, they just didn't have a plan b.

AWJ superb again, what a leader and ambassador for the game!

Tough day again for Italy wh9 deserved a win, especially for Parrise who has been one of the great talents and warriors and sadly for him has not been in a team that can come anywhere close to his ability to gain him the wins and titles that he has deserved. He would walk into any team in the world.

Scotland! Wow. Deserved the win and would have been the greatest comeback ever. Not sure what's happening in that changing room at half time but twice they have been a different side in the second half.

What a day!

Edd

2 hours ago, eddoakley said:

Had a little chuckle at this one.

My head hurts. 

What a day of rugby.

Wales just keep beating what's in front of them. We haven't played any spectacular rugby in this campaign but have just done what's required.

Ireland were never in the game yesterday. Admittedly they didn't play well but that's mainly down to the way Wales pressured them, they just didn't have a plan b.

AWJ superb again, what a leader and ambassador for the game!

Tough day again for Italy wh9 deserved a win, especially for Parrise who has been one of the great talents and warriors and sadly for him has not been in a team that can come anywhere close to his ability to gain him the wins and titles that he has deserved. He would walk into any team in the world.

Scotland! Wow. Deserved the win and would have been the greatest comeback ever. Not sure what's happening in that changing room at half time but twice they have been a different side in the second half.

What a day!

Edd

I said to my misses the second half will be stupid, no game plan as Scotland simply aren't competing so the the game plan will go to pot and everyone thinks they can score off every play, when i put the game back on it was 31-19 i think, couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Glad you had a great day though Edd, even happier your hung over😆 

Finn Russell my Lions no 10..in broken play and timing of a pass he is genius.....

what a weird game but very entertaining. I was thinking England have come the furthest in this 6 nations,blowing a 31-7 lead at home though is not ideal World Cup preparation!

Italy did well to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory again!...Ireland & France have really fallen back...but it does lead to a very open World Cup when frankly anything can happen.....can't wait for it.

Stand out players of 6 nations for me;FInn Russell/Alun Wynn/Hadley Parkes/Tom Curry.

Starting to question Farrell as captain. Played extemely poorly against Wales. Yesterday lost the game for England giving away 2 soft intercepted tries which brought Scotland back into the game. Finally his familiar late shoulder tackle and narrowing avoiding the sin bin. England need to learn to play for 80 minutes, not 40. 

2 minutes ago, fitzy said:

Starting to question Farrell as captain. Played extemely poorly against Wales. Yesterday lost the game for England giving away 2 soft intercepted tries which brought Scotland back into the game. Finally his familiar late shoulder tackle and narrowing avoiding the sin bin. England need to learn to play for 80 minutes, not 40. 

Must admit I think he was just looking to take the player out, the more they looked at it the more i thought he's going off.

18 minutes ago, dougall said:

Finn Russell my Lions no 10..in broken play and timing of a pass he is genius.....

what a weird game but very entertaining. I was thinking England have come the furthest in this 6 nations,blowing a 31-7 lead at home though is not ideal World Cup preparation!

Italy did well to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory again!...Ireland & France have really fallen back...but it does lead to a very open World Cup when frankly anything can happen.....can't wait for it.

Stand out players of 6 nations for me;FInn Russell/Alun Wynn/Hadley Parkes/Tom Curry.

The problem with Russell is he loses as many games for Scotland as he wins. Yesterday, for one half he was outstanding, but he has absolutely wretched ones where it's just mistake after mistake. He either missed touch or kicked out on the full yesterday a couple of times in the first half and England made him pay. IF he could cut out those routine errors and the hugely costly brain-freeze decision making moments he has, then he'd be the best fly in the world.

I'd still have Farrell at 10, but not give him the captaincy. The surprise for me was how good we looked in the centre with Tuilagi and Slade. A genuine partnership feeding off each other's strengths. It's going to make it tough for Jonathan Joseph and the other potentials to break back into the side

Just watched the highlights or low lights of the England game, still can't believe the Scottish #2 out ran two England backs for that charge down and first try.

Then England's defence?? They missed so many one on one tackles in the second half and seemed to be backing up away from the attacking players?

That challenge by Owen? Can't understand why he does it, you either tackle the man or have your arms up for the charge down.

And from the highlights Scotland had it won, Russell rushed in leaving a gap, Should have put the winger in the stands never mind touch.

Still going to watch the full second half again though.

5 hours ago, ratchers said:

Did England and Scotland just swap shirts at half time??

What a game!

Think you might be right 😄 

I think Owen needs to watch this, and the others who missed one on one tackles

I dont watch club union and haven't got sky so haven't seen South Africa play in a while, there is no way a bigger player would get away with the way he tackles, but wow does he tackle above his weight, and he takes the kicker out properly.

He'll be one to watch at the world cup.

13 hours ago, Mice! said:

I think Owen needs to watch this, and the others who missed one on one tackles

I dont watch club union and haven't got sky so haven't seen South Africa play in a while, there is no way a bigger player would get away with the way he tackles, but wow does he tackle above his weight, and he takes the kicker out properly.

He'll be one to watch at the world cup.

He is very very good at tackling. He's got amazing timing, but he is clever with it. if he takes a standing man, he drives up not forward, so there's no chance for the player to push back. but he doesn't lose control, so he never drops players illegally. Occasionally borderline offside, but the vast majority of those hits are superb. You're right, Farrell could learn a thing or two!

1 hour ago, chrisjpainter said:

He is very very good at tackling. He's got amazing timing, but he is clever with it. if he takes a standing man, he drives up not forward, so there's no chance for the player to push back. but he doesn't lose control, so he never drops players illegally. Occasionally borderline offside, but the vast majority of those hits are superb. You're right, Farrell could learn a thing or two!

I'm convinced on not being illegal, whilst i thought the video was brilliant and he has obviously wrestled or done Judo, some of the hits where he left folk sprawled on the deck I'm sure he was hitting them with his elbow or forearm, but very clever with it yes.