Six nations

fuzzypigeon

4 hours ago, henry d said:

Not much backing of the Welsh team before the game, plenty crowing after it. Perhaps there was little confidence in the team in the first place?

Lots of misplaced crowing for the English team  before the game,not much crowing after it.

Perhaps there was too much confidence in the team in the first place!

Edited by sako751sg

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/02/2019 at 17:14, walshie said:

I find it incredible that certain nations love to say when England play well, it's always because the other team were so bad. France were no worse than they were last week and Wales made a right meal out of scraping a win against them. England demolished them. I can't see Wales causing England any problems at all. Our hardest game in this 6 nations was always going to be Ireland, and we beat them.

I guess you got that wrong as well then

2 hours ago, Rim Fire said:

I guess you got that wrong as well then

Looks like it yes. I based my "prediction" on the facts at the time I said it. Wales had played like second rate amateurs and England had played well. Yesterday, the roles were reversed and Wales deservedly won. If I could predict with any certainty, I'd be a professional gambler.

At least I stood up for my team before the event, rather than waiting to see the result then riding the glory train. We all know if England had won again, there would be no Welsh people on this site till the middle of next week.

I'd never stand up for the England football team because they have always let us down, but rugby is different. They can and have come up trumps many times and I'll always be behind them. 

There is a difference between being patriotic and a nationalist oaf. 

Started to write a post last night but was too drunk.

My head hurts but it's worth it.

What a game!

I thought Wales were superb from the start and I was quietly confident after about 10-15 minutes.

I have said for the last few weeks that Wales hadn't put a side together for the last couple of games and that England had played well but against poor opposition.

Yesterday Wales were not poor and England couldn't deal with it. As others have said they had no plan b.

Eddie Jones made a very clever comment about this being "the best Welsh side ever".

If England won they would have been awsome because they had just beaten the best side ever and when they have lost it was because it was the best side so only to be expected....covered his a$$ both ways.

Well this Welsh side is far from the best ever but there is strength in depth and we don't rely on big name players.

They are there with the likes of AW and Biggar but the rest of the team works hard and is world class when it matters.

Wales championship to lose now.

Ireland will be a tough test but I'm sure Galand has a plan as always.

Edd

35 minutes ago, walshie said:

Looks like it yes. I based my "prediction" on the facts at the time I said it. Wales had played like second rate amateurs and England had played well. Yesterday, the roles were reversed and Wales deservedly won. If I could predict with any certainty, I'd be a professional gambler.

At least I stood up for my team before the event, rather than waiting to see the result then riding the glory train. We all know if England had won again, there would be no Welsh people on this site till the middle of next week.

I'd never stand up for the England football team because they have always let us down, but rugby is different. They can and have come up trumps many times and I'll always be behind them. 

Sorry Walshie, left you to take the flak.

I said last night after i had watched the game, that PW will be full of Welsh loving it while its been nothing but English so far because of the performances.

We can all be clever after the game, pretty much a page of nonsense??

So how are Wales going to do against Ireland?? I can't for a minute believe they won't care??

an awesome physical game well played Wales. Biggar huge impact off bench;Englands plan A of highball got too predictable and poorly executed in the main. The Welsh wingers and WIlliams at full back won the aerial battle quite comfortably and England penalty count not good enough. One real bright spot from the 6 nations so far though is England finding a true no7;Curry was the outstanding player on the park;but as a team 2nd half Wales were outstanding and teams win games of rugby.Last 20 minutes England looked bereft of ideas up til that point though a close game that could have gone either way.

Cracking test match in terms of pace/defence/hits. Wales for the 6 nations?..Well they sure have a chance now.

Ireland have hurt Wales more in recent years than England. For me its a bigger game and one that I would feel the pain more than loosing to England. I do not subscribe to the anyone but England mantra but do think that the English media and fans get ahead of themselves leaving them open to the **** taking when they come unstuck.

3 minutes ago, JDog said:

Ireland will beat Wales, England will thrash Scotland and Italy and England will win the Six Nations. 

Simples.

I wouldn't be so sure.

Wales pick teams to win games.

Massive under dogs for yesterday and came away with the result.

Ireland will be a tough challenge but I think Wales have the strength in depth to the game plan(s) to beat them.

Edd

interestingly I think if Wales 'come down' too far from the high of this performance,and lets be honest in their first 2 games they were pretty average then Scotland,with Finn Russell back are dangerous;they produce 1 great game each year and are a potential banana skin at Murrayfield...Gatland and Wales have for 2 weeks live breathed built the England game right up;I think they now need to be careful of thinking 'job done' neither Scotland nor Ireland will be easy.England are back to Twickenham,will be some wound licking and will have Itoje back........don't see them losing again. Here's looking forward to the next games.

27 minutes ago, andrewluke said:

it now seems that the english are willing Wales to lose,usually it's the english whinging about the other nations willing england to lose???

😂😂😂 of course we want Wales to loose, but not because its "Wales" because we want to win the tournament, grand slam has gone so we move on.

1 hour ago, JDog said:

Ireland will beat Wales, England will thrash Scotland and Italy and England will win the Six Nations. 

Simples.

Hopefully

5 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

I would pick him for next time. You can work on discipline but i dont think you can install that work effort. 

I suggest you get to work on him quick then because England are more than capable of winning the world cup and a player like him could cost you big time on the day 

It went to show how much they missed Atoji and Vunipola  

So, today's game.

Will Italy turn it on? Or will they capitulate? They could have beaten Scotland if it was a 90 minute game and seem to be working on fitness and discipline, head says 25 points and bonus to the Irish, heart says an Italian loss but only by 5-10 points and hopefully losing bonus.

15 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

I suggest you get to work on him quick then because England are more than capable of winning the world cup and a player like him could cost you big time on the day 

It went to show how much they missed Atoji and Vunipola  

I don’t think not having those 2 was the deciding factor. The Welsh were just the better team, they would have won even with those two on the pitch.Wales have won numerous games on the bounce and know how to win tight games. Not so sure about Sinckler being a liability, Alun Wyn was somewhat reckless when he started out. Yesterday there were many occasions where he was right on the edge but he has the experience of knowing what he can get away with and when he can do it. Sinckler does not and pushed it too far.

2 hours ago, Clodhopper said:

I don’t think not having those 2 was the deciding factor. The Welsh were just the better team, they would have won even with those two on the pitch.Wales have won numerous games on the bounce and know how to win tight games. Not so sure about Sinckler being a liability, Alun Wyn was somewhat reckless when he started out. Yesterday there were many occasions where he was right on the edge but he has the experience of knowing what he can get away with and when he can do it. Sinckler does not and pushed it too far.

They all play on the edge the great richie mcCaw always did it but this player is over the top he out to hurt someone outside of the rules 

6 hours ago, walshie said:

I didn't comment on the other 2 games as i was out of the country at the time and didn't see them so i am not commenting on this one because they won i am Welsh win or lose   

2 hours ago, Rim Fire said:

They all play on the edge the great richie mcCaw always did it but this player is over the top he out to hurt someone outside of the rules 

I didn't see it like that, when he got done for having his arm around the throat there wasn't anything in it, he was in the top three tacklers, top at one point, no point having a prop who doesn't throw his weight around. He did his job, if he hadn't then Eddie would have pulled him sooner.

As others have said wales coped with the high ball, England's kicking game let them down in the end.

Hope I'm not working or playing on the 16th of March should be an epic day.

2 hours ago, panoma1 said:

Six Nations result......Wales 12 England 51 in Cardiff........England ran in Nine tries! Every cloud as they say! Lol!

Oh well two one to wales then under 20 friday night 

3 hours ago, Mice! said:

I didn't see it like that, when he got done for having his arm around the throat there wasn't anything in it, he was in the top three tacklers, top at one point, no point having a prop who doesn't throw his weight around. He did his job, if he hadn't then Eddie would have pulled him sooner.

As others have said wales coped with the high ball, England's kicking game let them down in the end.

Hope I'm not working or playing on the 16th of March should be an epic day.

It was the last thing he done on that field before he had the shepherd's crook off Eddie he seen something in it