End of Season Near Miss

Perazzishot

15 minutes ago, Perazzishot said:

Also put a ticket on the Euro lottery last night, I woke up to an email this morning to say I had an important message in my National lottery account, indeed I was a winner £2.90 Get in

I was going to suggest putting the lottery on, but then thought although you had a massive stroke of luck with not being injured, you also had a massive stroke of bad luck with the incident.

I think that reflects in the win.

Glad you was not injured.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A guy on our shoot had a blockage in his barrel about 1/4 of the way along the barrels, looked like a piece of wad when we got it out but he sent it away and the cartridge company said part of a buffer between the powder and wad which I have never heard of?  Either way if he had fired a shot it would have blown the barrel. 

Edited by JRDS

53 minutes ago, Perazzishot said:

Yes mate my new fore-end I'm gutted 😂

It split right on the line my thumb was holding! Strong hands holding in that pressure!

I sat down for a couple of minutes then went back to the truck for the other MK38 shot the next 4 without a blip, using the same cartridges. I actually ended up shooting better that I was with this gun too. It was the talk of the shoot at Whitfield yesterday I believe!

Also put a ticket on the Euro lottery last night, I woke up to an email this morning to say I had an important message in my National lottery account, indeed I was a winner £2.90 Get in!

🙂 At least you can joke about it; could have been so much worse. 👍

3 hours ago, Perazzishot said:

Also put a ticket on the Euro lottery last night, I woke up to an email this morning to say I had an important message in my National lottery account, indeed I was a winner £2.90 Get in!

I won £2.90 on Euro millions on Friday too, yet my fore end is pleasingly intact and the barrels only have holes in the appropriate places.  If we bunce together we could buy a pint on George Street to celebrate you keeping your digits.

I'd ping a mail to Browning saying that the fore end you bought last year is clearly defective...

10 hours ago, grrclark said:

I won £2.90 on Euro millions on Friday too, yet my fore end is pleasingly intact and the barrels only have holes in the appropriate places.  If we bunce together we could buy a pint on George Street to celebrate you keeping your digits.

I'd ping a mail to Browning saying that the fore end you bought last year is clearly defective...

😂😂😂

26 minutes ago, Perazzishot said:

Managed to get an exhaust bandage from Halfords today after a bit of tapping I managed to to get rid of the sharp edges so it would stick.

Got some duck tape for the fore-end so should be good for the pigeons tomorrow packed some gun gum in case the patch doesn't hold!

That’s the way to do it 😂

bit overkill really a mr bump sticking plaster would have been enough 😉😂

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Perazzishot said:

Yes. obstruction in barrel possible 20g cartridge. Yet no trace of 20g cartridge was ever found.

Insurance accepted accidental damage and have settled in full.

Do you have or have you used any 20 bore cartridges, apart from those used on the 'dove shoot'  ?  I would have thought that some trace of the 20 bore cartridge would have remained though. 

Edited by Westley

I own 2 20 bores, but cartridges are kept separately.

However on that day I was using RC4's and JK6's (yellow) and using up a part slab of each. I can not 100% rule out 1 had got mixed in! I was also wearing a tweed jacket that had not been worn for 2 seasons and a possibility although again small is that a cartridge could have been left in the pocket.

I'm still not convinced!

11 minutes ago, Perazzishot said:

I own 2 20 bores, but cartridges are kept separately.

However on that day I was using RC4's and JK6's (yellow) and using up a part slab of each. I can not 100% rule out 1 had got mixed in! I was also wearing a tweed jacket that had not been worn for 2 seasons and a possibility although again small is that a cartridge could have been left in the pocket.

I'm still not convinced!

Well ,you`ll just never know now by the sound of it.Quite an experience though !

It shows how right our cartridge colour codes were in principle too,why manufacturers didn`t stick to it will always baffle me.

Edited by matone

Glad you survived intact.

Can you recall if you took a second barrel shot on the first (preceding) drive - and the result of it?

Did you clean the barrels after you had used the gun on the previous time that you used it?

Hopefully the insurance payout will match your value of the gun.