Friends show car

Davyo

One of our MX5 OC members has one of the nicest lightly modified MX5's in the UK.Recently won 1st prize at our Goodwood show in 2018.Barry has spend thousands on this beauty and it shows.No expense has been spared on getting this car to showroom condition.If i get mine anywhere near the quality of this i'll be chuffed.He has come to the end of the road with this one, so its up for sale so he can fund the next project.I'm so tempted,but her indoors will flip if i bring another one home lol.

Thought id share some pics of this old fella's sweat & tears,enjoy

20190201_225727.jpg

20190201_225803.jpg

20190201_225827.jpg

20190201_230038.jpg

20190201_225605.jpg

20190201_225632.jpg

20190201_225702.jpg

Edited by Davyo

1 hour ago, manthing said:

Noddy car. 😮😁😁😁

Do you have the proper picks anywhere? 

What's with the tactical bonnet? Is it so if someone "lands" on it they'll get a good grip?

Nice job on the paintwork though. 👍👌

Only pictures i have just copied them from his post in the for sales section on MX5 Forum UK.The bonnet is carbon fibre wrap,not my cup of tea & that would go straight away.

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, Dazza9t9 said:

That’s a lovely looking NC. Very nicely done

im not on Mx5 oc, but I am on another nutz Mx5 forum. 

I am currently tearing down a NB, to do a full rebuild amongst other turbo related things 

I've now got a life time ban from MX5 OC for making comments about it being a just a bit too Worther's Originals, the colour Beige  &  i pulled the new ND to bits after thrashing one around for a day.

I like MX5 Nutz forum, thing with MX5 OC Forum is they get upset if you have any negative comment on the ND.I had extensive test drives of both the 1.5 & 2ltre and they didn't like my reviews.

Edited by Davyo

4 hours ago, Davyo said:

I've now got a life time ban from MX5 OC for making comments about it being a just a bit too Worther's Originals, the colour Beige  &  i pulled the new ND to bits after thrashing one around for a day.

I like MX5 Nutz forum, thing with MX5 OC Forum is they get upset if you have any negative comment on the ND.I had extensive test drives of both the 1.5 & 2ltre and they didn't like my reviews.

Yeah I wasn’t a fan of the oc forum. I’m not to active on the nutz forum at the moment as I’m tearing the car to bits before it goes off for chassis work. 

I am planning a fully forge build, and turbo conversion. My good friend made 430bhp in in na, so needless to say I’m trying to get 450. It’s the 6 speed box that concerns me