Aga man out roosting.

aga man

Decided to dip my toe into the world of filming my shooting. I am very much a learner as I can only just about work my mobile phone, let alone a video camera mounted on my head!. Editing this short film from this evenings roost shooting was not easy but with the help of my 17 year old son we got there. Please ignore the date/time on the film and the annoying beep of the on/off switch.As I say I am very much learning and would appreciate any comments and criticism on the video.

Please pour a glass and enjoy.:good:

Edited by aga man

2 minutes ago, Fuddster said:

well shot and well filmed!

went out on local estates' roost shoot and bagged a paltry 7 birds and a carrion. To be fair though, out with the dogs, in a chilly wood was a exactly where I wanted to be .

good effort.

f.

Thank you fuds. We only ended up with 14 pigeons and 2 crows. Last night on another estate I fired only 3 shots! and my dog hurt his foot which is why he is not in this film. More wind needed for a decent roost session.

you're not wrong-I plan around the weather rather than just when time permits.

older lab (11) marked a downed bird about 90m off-the pup (13 months) ran around in circles while old lad went off and brought the downed bird-after crossing a bramble covered dyke.

Never prouder of him to bring that bird to hand.

both are asleep within 5 feet as I type.

happy days.

f.

Just now, farmboy807 said:

May I ask what did you use to film it thanks 

The camera is just a cheapy its called a Crosstour CT7000. I tcost me £30 and £15 for an sd card.

It is quite a clear image but obviously the darkness of the woodland has affected is slightly in this video.

Nothing wrong with that aga man , in fact if that was your first go in the movie industry you will soon be in the running for P W oscar award.

Today was our first day for roost shooting as yesterday was our last clear up day on the long tails.

Overall today was very poor , although the highlight was seeing a huge flock of pigeons , these are going from one block of rape to another block or go and sit up in the trees when disturbed .

I went between three rape fields and put some decoys and a magnet out on some winter wheat , the pigeons that were moving about were very high and didn't show to much interest in the decoys , I sat it out from 1pm till nearly four o clock for nine , the wind had died down and it started to hail so with very little action and beginning to get cold it was time to get my motor and clear up , the pigeons I got were in good condition but with very little in the crops .

Hope the wind is in your favour on your next visit.  

3 hours ago, marsh man said:

Nothing wrong with that aga man , in fact if that was your first go in the movie industry you will soon be in the running for P W oscar award.

Today was our first day for roost shooting as yesterday was our last clear up day on the long tails.

Overall today was very poor , although the highlight was seeing a huge flock of pigeons , these are going from one block of rape to another block or go and sit up in the trees when disturbed .

I went between three rape fields and put some decoys and a magnet out on some winter wheat , the pigeons that were moving about were very high and didn't show to much interest in the decoys , I sat it out from 1pm till nearly four o clock for nine , the wind had died down and it started to hail so with very little action and beginning to get cold it was time to get my motor and clear up , the pigeons I got were in good condition but with very little in the crops .

Hope the wind is in your favour on your next visit.  

Thanks marsh man, we have had some huge flocks lately 1000birds+ but god knows where ghey have been the past few nights?

3 hours ago, Big Al said:

Really enjoyed that. Great shooting too.

Well done and looking forward to the next one. 

Thank you very much Al, i have really enjoyed watching your videos over the past few years, a compliment from you sir is a real treat👍

1 hour ago, JDog said:

I won’t have a glass if you don’t mind as it is eight on a Sunday morning.

Very good  for your first effort. That wood was very thin for a roosting wood wasn’t it?

You could of perhaps had orange juice!:)

Thanks for the comment JDog, yes the wood is fairly thin where we was. This wood is huge and on a valley side, perhaps 150 metres behind us is thick fir section. For the past couple of years it seems pigeons prefer to fly up through the middle or follow the top of the bank. Although this section is thin it is fairly well sheltered and is a good clear place to shoot from.

48 minutes ago, motty said:

Definitely a good first effort. It does look like the fps is a little on the low side.

Thanks motty, i will take that onboard.

I think i recorded in 1080p (30fps). It does have 720p(60fps), so i will try that.☺

9 minutes ago, kyle333 said:

Great video pal, only started doing a bit of recording myself. Its a bit of fun. There is not enough roosting videos of youtube. We need more

Thanks for the encouragement Kyle👍

9 hours ago, pigeon controller said:

Great first time effort, well done . I was there with you and enjoyed the shooting, as JDog mentioned it was a nice open wood with the roost behind. Again well done.

Thanks PC, glad you enjoyed it.

Shame we can't persuade you to wear a camera, that would certainly be worth a watch!

Edited by aga man