Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Traveler

Hello from Inverness

Recommended Posts

Just a quick introductory post. Interested in all general shooting/stalking/keepering/gun/fishing chat. I work as Headkeeper/Manager on an estate near Inverness. Cheers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, sako751sg said:

Morning bud,Euan?

Hows tricks,still on the same place?

Aye good thanks 👍🏻 Yourself? Still here! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Traveler said:

Aye good thanks 👍🏻 Yourself? Still here! 

All fine cheers.

Game and fowl finished so a wee break before the bucks come in but getting some does and foxes the now between work.

Had some cracking days at Peebles in among the Sika stags and was very lucky.Great beast to stalk and some cracking heads down there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sako751sg said:

All fine cheers.

Game and fowl finished so a wee break before the bucks come in but getting some does and foxes the now between work.

Had some cracking days at Peebles in among the Sika stags and was very lucky.Great beast to stalk and some cracking heads down there.

Good stuff. Aye, our Sika were good this year, first time I've seen them lose a wee bit of condition though with last winter and the lack of grass in the summer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sALKTap.jpg

Funny you say that.Not that i could tell,but thats exactly what the stalker down there said,pretty much word for word.Looked fine to me but he said they were just not carrying the usual condition and a severe lack of grass through the summer.

One of the matures im hoping will medal.

Edited by sako751sg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sako751sg said:

Funny you say that.Not that i could tell,but thats exactly what the stalker down there said,pretty much word for word.Looked fine to me but he said they were just not carrying the usual condition and a severe lack of grass through the summer.

One of the matures im hoping will medal.

👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the forum. I travel to near Inverness (Dores) every year for my anniversary, possibly my most favourite place in the world. I don't suppose you happen to have any contacts for guided stalking in the area? I used to go with a chap not far away, but he's changed how he manages the deer on his land now and the guided stalking isn't the same. 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, labstaff said:

Welcome to the forum. I travel to near Inverness (Dores) every year for my anniversary, possibly my most favourite place in the world. I don't suppose you happen to have any contacts for guided stalking in the area? I used to go with a chap not far away, but he's changed how he manages the deer on his land now and the guided stalking isn't the same. 

Thanks

Hello Labstaff. I'm only about 15 minutes from Dores, and we have Red, Roe and Sika stalking on the estate. Drop me a PM if you would like any more information. Cheers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not to far away, would be interested in hind stalking if you do it

Drop me the details by PM if you can with the details

Cheers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...