This will do game shooting no favours

Whats your definition of disposed of properly?

If anyone came across where i dump my carcasses then they would write the same keech as in that paper so i dont actually take anything at face value that they pump out nowadays.

Their agenda is so strong they are so far removed from reality that its not actually worth reading.

20 minutes ago, sako751sg said:

Whats your definition of disposed of properly?

If anyone came across where i dump my carcasses then they would write the same keech as in that paper so i dont actually take anything at face value that they pump out nowadays.

Their agenda is so strong they are so far removed from reality that its not actually worth reading.

I guess the op means that they should be disposed of in the same why other ABP's have to be.

You may or may not be breaking the law by dumping carcasses in a non approved site.

Just now, bluesj said:

I guess the op means that they should be disposed of in the same why other ABP's have to be.

You may or may not be breaking the law by dumping carcasses in a non approved site.

Loads of carcasses are are dumped in the countryside,legally.

Knowledge of the law should cease these non stories and and where does the OP think these should be disposed?

Regardless of the law, it doesn't matter what my definition is - but leaving them in an open ditch where they can be easily spotted by dog walkers is wrong by my standards (and can only harm game shooting's reputation). Of course it is a story, your definition of what is a story is purely subjective. The newspaper that printed this, did so because they know it will interest their audience and generate website traffic.

Just now, Mightymariner said:

Regardless of the law, it doesn't matter what my definition is - but leaving them in an open ditch where they can be easily spotted by dog walkers is wrong by my standards (and can only harm game shooting's reputation). Of course it is a story, your definition of what is a story is purely subjective. The newspaper that printed this, did so because they know it will interest their audience and generate website traffic.

Exactly,it will feed their biased agenda and therefore is a non story to us.

I leave mine lying in bits where i shoot lots of foxes and if anyone found them the public would be fed the same rubbish as in that story.Think most real country people should now know not to believe a thing that is written in the rags.

How do you know it was easily spotted by dog walkers?Oh,thats right,Mr Fox said so.

2 minutes ago, sako751sg said:

Loads of carcasses are are dumped in the countryside,legally.

Knowledge of the law should cease these non stories and and where does the OP think these should be disposed?

And loads of carcasses are dumped in the countryside illegally as well, I think a commercial shoot would be pushing their luck to dump carcasses in a ditch or hole and stay within the law a private individual would stand a better chance depending on what it was that is dumped.

Knowledge of the law should help but not every one knows or cares what the law is, and from the article above you can not tell if the law has been broken or not but my guess is that it has.

I saw a brace of pheasants in a shallow ditch down a lane and they were actually tied as a brace. We had just done a drive and the keeper was not amused, they had been there a day or two thrown away by someone.  I've just left a breasted out carcase for Mr Fox but not in public view.  Could these have been poached by our Caravan Club members maybe, they don't care where they chuck their rubbish.

Just now, bluesj said:

And loads of carcasses are dumped in the countryside illegally as well, I think a commercial shoot would be pushing their luck to dump carcasses in a ditch or hole and stay within the law a private individual would stand a better chance depending on what it was that is dumped.

Knowledge of the law should help but not every one knows or cares what the law is, and from the article above you can not tell if the law has been broken or not but my guess is that it has.

And there it is,a guess.

Exactly what the majority of their target audience will guess also,that the laws been broken.

You obviously know the definition as you know what is targeted in the Wild Animals and the definition,but way too many straight away see this and its disgraceful.

No doubting big shoots would have a job to prove their dumping is justified with rearing,feeding,etc and dont think its been tested in court.

6 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

I saw a brace of pheasants in a shallow ditch down a lane and they were actually tied as a brace. We had just done a drive and the keeper was not amused, they had been there a day or two thrown away by someone.  I've just left a breasted out carcase for Mr Fox but not in public view.  Could these have been poached by our Caravan Club members maybe, they don't care where they chuck their rubbish.

That was my thought too.They do it for the fun lots of times so wouldnt surprised but again its just one suggestion from too many.

6 minutes ago, sako751sg said:

And there it is,a guess.

Exactly what the majority of their target audience will guess also,that the laws been broken.

You obviously know the definition as you know what is targeted in the Wild Animals and the definition,but way too many straight away see this and its disgraceful.

No doubting big shoots would have a job to prove their dumping is justified with rearing,feeding,etc and dont think its been tested in court.

Its not just the big shoots you or I could fall foul of the law as well.

I know that a few shoots around here have decided that they aren't willing to try their luck in a court of law or court of public opinion and have got waste bins for carcasses or bits of carcasses.

Must admit that given recent events I'm a little cynical as to who put them there and how, and why, but if the birds haven't been processed then no laws ( apart from fly tipping ) have been broken. But you're right, pictures such as these do us no favours, but then that's the entire intention. 🤔

14 minutes ago, sako751sg said:

How could i fall foul of the law?

I know the law so i would like to know how i would fall foul of it.

Not aguing but would just like to know.

All my animals that i dump for baiting foxes are wild animals.

Because there is also a bit in the animal by products regs about cleaning preparing game in the field wild or not, as I read it if you shoot (take by any other means) a rabbit and leave it where it is or gut it and chuck the guts in the hedge you are ok if you take it home and clean it then chuck the guts etc in a hedge your breaking the law or if take it somewhere else to use as fox bait and leave it there your breaking the law.

I can't find the relevant bit of the regs at the moment and it is only the way I read it so I may be wrong.  

3 minutes ago, bluesj said:

Because there is also a bit in the animal by products regs about cleaning preparing game in the field wild or not, as I read it if you shoot (take by any other means) a rabbit and leave it where it is or gut it and chuck the guts in the hedge you are ok if you take it home and clean it then chuck the guts etc in a hedge your breaking the law or if take it somewhere else to use as fox bait and leave it there your breaking the law.

I can't find the relevant bit of the regs at the moment and it is only the way I read it so I may be wrong.  

Ive looked it over a few times and never seen that mentioned.The only exemptions i have seen regarding wild animals is if diseased and i also believe pest control have a duty to get rid as per fallen stock but not 100% on that.

I think common sense should be used from us in keeping it legal and away from very public notice but dont think this particular story holds much water at all.

If you're carrying out anything deemed as part of the act of hunting, then you're ok; and even if that food is to be eaten by yourself or family or friends. The problems start when you start processing food as means to selling it to establishments which supply food to the general public; it's all down to traceability. If you're shooting birds and give them to the pub or whatever in the feather then you 'should' be ok. 

The shoot in Leicestershire only got it wrong because those birds had been processed with a view to selling. Had the carcasses been disposed of in the correct manner after processing, such as in blue bins for example, or incineration, then nothing could have been said, and only on moral grounds if they had even been dumped in their entirety. Once a carcass is processed with a view to entering the food chain via a commercial outlet, then proper disposal of it's remains comes under law. I think! It was long phone call. 😀

15 minutes ago, sako751sg said:

Ive looked it over a few times and never seen that mentioned.The only exemptions i have seen regarding wild animals is if diseased and i also believe pest control have a duty to get rid as per fallen stock but not 100% on that.

I think common sense should be used from us in keeping it legal and away from very public notice but dont think this particular story holds much water at all.

I think that is the best bit of advice anyone could give!

There was a few people kicking up a fuss around here about a dead cow "left in a field to rot" the fact that the farmer was following best practice by not moving it getting it taken away before he got the results of an anthrax test wasn't important to them!

I know this is not really relevant to the op but it does show that even if you do everything right it doesn't stop people trying to use it against you.

Edited by bluesj

2 minutes ago, bluesj said:

I think that is the best bit of advice anyone could give!

There was a few people kicking up a fuss around here about a dead cow "left in a field to rot" the fact that the farmer was following best practice by not moving it getting it taken away before he got the results of an anthrax test wasn't important to them!

Absolutely.Always two sides to every story although the antis only drive the one they want to be seen.