British Shooting Show 2019

Fisheruk

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been home 1/2 hour, 5 hours in traffic. 

Saw plenty,  compared the 2 Pulsar Accolade thermal spotters, now decided on the one im having,bought a Deer Hunter smock, and a can of Napier man spray. 

Bumped into a few folk, saw a tall,   erm!  model type lady with a very very full T shirt, that was fun. 

Not a bad day really. 

Went today and came away quite disappointed.

Nothing that wasn't there last year, same  arena  displays, same stands, all  just a bit more expensive.

3 hours ago, spurs 14 said:

( and stand by for the knockers )

49 minutes ago, Dougy said:

saw a tall,   erm!  model type lady with a very very full T shirt, that was fun. 

Yes, we  did  notice  her!

The food is expensive and ******* **** the guy I talked to  on the pulsar stand I found to be honest and new his stuff spoke to the man on Heritage guns and could have talked with him for hours what I do not understand  are stands like Gamebore and Eley where it must be a day out for the staff they have the biggest stands with nothing on them apart from a bar the best stand was the Boss and co stand where despite me telling the guy I could not in my dreams afford one of there guns insisted that I had a hold of one of there premier guns I can dream.

Overall I still prefer Stoneleigh despite the fact I had to drive to it seamed to be more friendly with lots smaller stands which have now disappeared, yes its ok and a day out but any further away from me and I would not bother.

On ‎09‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 20:37, Dougy said:

I just need to have a hands on a couple of things I really need 😁 hopefully can squeeze in a couple of stands. What makes me chuckle is the wana be celebs that fill up the stands with their own puffed up self importance. 

That 're loads of them there, but it's just part of the sport I suppose. But it all adds to make the day fun. 

was a couple like that in york guns yesterday, got a plum in there mouth when talking about there horses and land

love the sport but the snobs really do my head in

Clocked one bloke grabbing the hand of one YouTube wana be celeb with his opp, who I knew quite well on the darts circuit years ago. (His ego was big then, but now, 😆)Really funny when the big ego celeb laughed after the chap shook his hand and walked off and called him something not really nice.  

10 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Clocked one bloke grabbing the hand of one YouTube wana be celeb with his opp, who I knew quite well on the darts circuit years ago. (His ego was big then, but now, 😆)Really funny when the big ego celeb laughed after the chap shook his hand and walked off and called him something not really nice.  

That wouldn't be whilst waiting for the shuttle bus would it ?

Went last year - enjoyed chatting to the Vortex stand and seeing their products that was nice, apart from that found most of it clothing stands and over-priced stuff.

Tried to buy Teague chokes directly from Teague, they were £48 on their stand or £39 online elsewhere, the bloke got really rude and then walked off in a huff when I asked him if he'd do them for the same price. 

Some of them seem to think they're doing you a favour by taking your money 🙄

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

That wouldn't be whilst waiting for the shuttle bus would it ?

No it was in the show, both of the chaps are extremely un popular with the locals, they all see the real side of them. Put it this way they won't get many rushing to buy them a pint in the local. 

But anyway we digress, the show has plenty to see if your in the market for some new gear or looking for comparisons. 

I'm just a grumpy old exhaustion of fowl air I suppose, but I just could not find any 'retailers' and the two I approached to buy some powder / shot etc either didn't want to do business or had not got any available.  Could not find anyone who could sell me a new upgraded bolt handle for my air rifle, things like that.    I know grumpy old part.:)

49 minutes ago, Dougy said:

No it was in the show, both of the chaps are extremely un popular with the locals, they all see the real side of them. Put it this way they won't get many rushing to buy them a pint in the local. 

But anyway we digress, the show has plenty to see if your in the market for some new gear or looking for comparisons. 

Can't you just tell us who they are ...