Would you consider helping future generations?

old man

Asking all members to please consider downloading an app from playstore called 'Dream Lab'

This app allows your mobile phone to be used overnight by Imperial College London to crunch statistical data speeding the fight against Cancer. 

It's easy to use and will run in most cases at no additional cost to you on your wi-fi.

Please give it a look and consider helping future generations?

Thanks for looking.

Forgot to say please pass it on.

Edited by old man

It’s bad enough big brother watching as it is .who bows whatthey canfind out about you while they are playing about with your phone.

you WiFi does not cost anything if you have internet you have with fi as per normal .

no thank you .i have enough the wife checking my phone with put some college along with big brother 

why don’t they buy a big computer or use all the mobiles on campus 

https://www.wikihow.com/Use-Vodafone's-DreamLab-App

it does cost in way 

Edited by Guest

Well id rather donate money to get them a new server. To give somebody access to your connections, which WILL be able to view everything you do is a big no no. No matter their good intentions. And seeing as its a app from vodafone, a supplier who in their own right could crunch statical data with a tiny percentage of their hardware. Todays modern age i trust no one with my data. Bad enough people today use facebook without acknowledging what all the data (messages, phonebook, call history, calls on and on) do and make money by selling your data. Theres a reason its free and these are multi billion pound companys. 

Dont take it personally though, a cause to beat cancer is just and deserving, and often ignored, but not by giving away your rights of privacy to a app.

Just my view. 

Atb

Edited by strimmer_13

World Cancer day too?

1 minute ago, strimmer_13 said:

Well id rather donate money to get them a new server. To give somebody access to your connections, which WILL be able to view everything you do is a big no no. No matter their good intentions. And seeing as its a app from vodafone, a supplier who in their own right could crunch statical data with a tiny percentage of their hardware. Todays modern age i trust no one with my data. Bad enough people today use facebook without acknowledging what all the data (messages, phonebook, call history, calls on and on) do and make money by selling your data. Theres a reason its free and these are multi billion pound companys. 

Dont take it personally though, a cause to beat cancer is just and deserving, and often ignored, but not by giving away your rights of privacy to a app.

Just my view. 

Atb

Not taking anything personally, all personal choice,

I suspect that the snooping abilities of organisations worldwide don't rely on the downloading of APPs.

Just now, strimmer_13 said:

Not going to lie, i honestly didnt know that was today. I very rarely watch tv, especially news as its all carp. 

Propose a fundraiser, charity instead in a new thread, as i believe ive ruined this one 

Not at all, have a good day.

13 hours ago, The gouse said:

Hi mate,

I understand with members not wanting to get the app as I am also. I’m will to give £100 though mate.

kind regards,

steve,

Cheers mate,  thanks for the offer but no need for donation from my point of view. Will message you down the week.

This was just about computing power.