Eriswell GC ( Formerly Lakenheath )

Whitebridges

Ref's who don't want to accept cards, make poor decisions and struggle to communicate!

Is it any wonder the CPSA keep refusing to give them any Championships.

A 70 mile drive is bearable for good targets and good hospitality but until they sort out the refs it will not get any of more my money when there are so many other good shooting grounds around that don't have the same problems.

• 2 weeks later...

I spend a lot of time shooting in the Suffolk area, and it is great to see a ground investing so heavily in our sport. I have always enjoyed comps and visits there with 0 issues.

I wonder if you bought up your gripes with the ground on the day, before posting them online? The ground can make a difference and work towards change when they are actually aware of things. 

With all CPSA based comps you have the joy of a jury, and you can take these queries to them. One of the few grounds I know of who use about 90% qualified refs.... 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the positive comments, i'm sorry to hear TC doesn't have anything good to say. 

One day the "ref" issues will be resolved maybe.

I'm not a serious clay buster shooter more the twice / thrice a month keep my eye in type of merchant but if you compare the old Lakenheath GC ground ( i was a member there)  this facility is heaven sent!

Friendly staff, regularly changed layouts, brilliant canteen, nice shop. Managers that care about their customers.

Great progress at Eriswell and I for one appreciate everything they are doing to make clay shooting a better experience.               

• 3 weeks later...