Depression

kory1986

Hi guys got a quick question on what you guys think i got depression been on meds for a couple off months now and stable also doctor and a  Psychologist has said i am fit to handle firearms and there is no reason why i shouldn't  be able to handle them on duty and ranges im in the armed forces. I sent my fac off to day for a variation so i told the police about the depression i also stapled a medical form to form the doctor saying im fit to handle firearms do you think i may lose my fac. my rifles are in a miliatry armoury to not in a house so i dont have 24 hour access  to them. I also didnt sign them out off the armoury until i got the all clear  form the doctor.

Edited by kory1986

34 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

Well youve done the right thing by telling them. Better than a docs note informing them or you telling them at renewal. 

Only thing i would say is at any point did the docs or military say you were unfit to use their firearms? 

Not as such they did take my rifle off me until i saw a  Psychologist but that was just protocol they do it to every one until they see the Psychologist just to cover there ***** really.

17 minutes ago, kory1986 said:

So i had a email off them to day saying they are processing my variation so hopefully thats a good sign 

Good news. If Doc says you are good to go why would the police know better / different. They are covered so cannot see a problem. 

atb

On 04/02/2019 at 18:20, kory1986 said:

my rifles are in a miliatry armoury to not in a house so i dont have 24 hour access  to them.

The best thing about keeping your rifle in the armoury is the look on the duty armourers face when you call him out at 5am sunday morning 😂😂

59 minutes ago, Neverforget said:

Been in your position mate even had tablets for it, i have mine still

Im on tablets m8 feel better than ever now the police have had my FAC for 5 days now all they said to me by email is that they are processing it they havnt mention my depression i did staple a medical from to the variation  that states im stable and no restriction form weapons and ranges  

Edited by kory1986

14 hours ago, kory1986 said:

Im on tablets m8 feel better than ever now the police have had my FAC for 5 days now all they said to me by email is that they are processing it they havnt mention my depression i did staple a medical from to the variation  that states im stable and no restriction form weapons and ranges  

i have been of the tablets 8 years still feel down but on the way up, keep smiling and enjoy lifr you only get one

• 1 month later...

So i had a visit form my FAO today about my depression and variation. Bearing in mind my GP sent the police a letter saying i was fit to have firearms. It was good news my FAO was happy for me to keep my FAC and have the extra rifle slot so if you do ever feel like you are suffering form depression please go get the help you need it dose not mean you will lose your FAC