which fox caller

Cm76

9 hours ago, Longbower said:

I have a 'Tenterfield' Type 'plastic' fox call . Every time I see a fox , I whip it out  use as they do on the videos, and they run off like the devil  !

So , given up on it.

very honest sir:good:i call alot of my hand but have heard people make some ridiculous noises with them. i think its a case of biting down to get the pitch high

5 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

very honest sir:good:i call alot of my hand but have heard people make some ridiculous noises with them. i think its a case of biting down to get the pitch high

The fox is a curious animal and there is no doubt in my mind that even if you f a r t in his direction, you are likely to get his attention!

:D:good:

Edited by Dekers

On 05/02/2019 at 14:29, Dekers said:

The fox is a curious animal and there is no doubt in my mind that even if you f a r t in his direction, you are likely to get his attention!

:D:good:

:lol:

19 hours ago, Cm76 said:

Thought I would post an update. I decided on a fox pro inferno from bushwear so fingers crossed it will do the job cheers for all the posts. 

Good call..pardon the pun 

On 04/02/2019 at 22:58, Longbower said:

I have a 'Tenterfield' Type 'plastic' fox call . Every time I see a fox , I whip it out  use as they do on the videos, and they run off like the devil  !

So , given up on it.

I have a Tenterfield whistle, and try as I might, cannot get a sound out of it. I bought an Orange plastic version last year from Best Fox Calls, and despite it looking identical, I managed to produce some very realistic sounds from it within a few minutes.

I still prefer to use my 'two lollipop sticks sandwiched together' calls though.

hello, i am another one who cannot seem to get any joy from the blow type calls, i have had some success with an electronic call but to fiddly in the dark, just bought an ICO TEC GC 101 with a remote i think ok for 100 yards my shooting range is 50/60 yards with night vision, giving it a try tomorrow night, hoping there is not to much moon light, with N/V and a cloudy night i have been able to get within that range if the wind is in the right direction, its all a learning process, on the small sheep farm i help out its lambing soon, anyone have experience of fox/foxes taking a year old lamb??? this happened  2 weeks ago,  cheers

On 14/02/2019 at 22:08, Dougy said:

I've had good results from a toy squeaker just recently. 

Steve practice using the tenterfield while your driving to work and back, you'll soon master the art. 

I will, although, as I mentioned, I've found the Orange one from Bestfoxcalls to be very good and far easier to use. :good:

I still like using my homemade calls from lollypop sticks. By using different plastics/thicknesses for the reed, I have produced many varied and excellent sounds. And best of all, if you lose it, there no cost, apart from having to eat two ice lollies again! (Magnum's are the best)