Jump to content
Cm76

which fox caller

    Recommended Posts

    currently have a u caller but looking for something new with a remote option that will work upto 120-150 yds away.  just thought i would ask what everyone here uses or recommends before i buy cheers

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Another vote for foxpro. The old versions are best with big buttons on remote. Can be hard controlling them in your pocket in the dark. Also you wont need 200 calls. Probably a dozen if that many when you know what to use

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    I have a 'Tenterfield' Type 'plastic' fox call . Every time I see a fox , I whip it out  use as they do on the videos, and they run off like the devil  !

    So , given up on it.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    9 hours ago, Longbower said:

    I have a 'Tenterfield' Type 'plastic' fox call . Every time I see a fox , I whip it out  use as they do on the videos, and they run off like the devil  !

    So , given up on it.

    very honest sir:good:i call alot of my hand but have heard people make some ridiculous noises with them. i think its a case of biting down to get the pitch high

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    5 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

    very honest sir:good:i call alot of my hand but have heard people make some ridiculous noises with them. i think its a case of biting down to get the pitch high

    The fox is a curious animal and there is no doubt in my mind that even if you f a r t in his direction, you are likely to get his attention!

    :D:good:

    Edited by Dekers

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Thought I would post an update. I decided on a fox pro inferno from bushwear so fingers crossed it will do the job cheers for all the posts. 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    53 minutes ago, Cm76 said:

    Thought I would post an update. I decided on a fox pro inferno from bushwear so fingers crossed it will do the job cheers for all the posts. 

    good choice:good:

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    On 05/02/2019 at 14:29, Dekers said:

    The fox is a curious animal and there is no doubt in my mind that even if you f a r t in his direction, you are likely to get his attention!

    :D:good:

    :lol:

     

    19 hours ago, Cm76 said:

    Thought I would post an update. I decided on a fox pro inferno from bushwear so fingers crossed it will do the job cheers for all the posts. 

    Good call..pardon the pun 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    On 04/02/2019 at 22:58, Longbower said:

    I have a 'Tenterfield' Type 'plastic' fox call . Every time I see a fox , I whip it out  use as they do on the videos, and they run off like the devil  !

    So , given up on it.

    I have a Tenterfield whistle, and try as I might, cannot get a sound out of it. I bought an Orange plastic version last year from Best Fox Calls, and despite it looking identical, I managed to produce some very realistic sounds from it within a few minutes.

    I still prefer to use my 'two lollipop sticks sandwiched together' calls though.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    On 13/02/2019 at 18:30, steve_b_wales said:

    I still prefer to use my 'two lollipop sticks sandwiched together' calls though.

    FAB ?  

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    hello, i am another one who cannot seem to get any joy from the blow type calls, i have had some success with an electronic call but to fiddly in the dark, just bought an ICO TEC GC 101 with a remote i think ok for 100 yards my shooting range is 50/60 yards with night vision, giving it a try tomorrow night, hoping there is not to much moon light, with N/V and a cloudy night i have been able to get within that range if the wind is in the right direction, its all a learning process, on the small sheep farm i help out its lambing soon, anyone have experience of fox/foxes taking a year old lamb??? this happened  2 weeks ago,  cheers

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    I've had good results from a toy squeaker just recently. 

    Steve practice using the tenterfield while your driving to work and back, you'll soon master the art. 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    On 14/02/2019 at 22:08, Dougy said:

    I've had good results from a toy squeaker just recently. 

    Steve practice using the tenterfield while your driving to work and back, you'll soon master the art. 

    I will, although, as I mentioned, I've found the Orange one from Bestfoxcalls to be very good and far easier to use. :good:

    I still like using my homemade calls from lollypop sticks. By using different plastics/thicknesses for the reed, I have produced many varied and excellent sounds. And best of all, if you lose it, there no cost, apart from having to eat two ice lollies again! (Magnum's are the best)

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    First outing tonight for the fox pro inferno and brought Charlie in after about15 mins impressed so far. 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Being in an archery club , i have plenty of broken wooden arrow shafts I can split into two .cut a sliver of grease proof paper , and a cardboard spacer 

    at one end , two bits of tape , and its done. A brilliant fox call. 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

    • Recently Browsing   0 members

      No registered users viewing this page.

    ×