Scope mag and zero

Rob525

Hi guys, i used to do alot of air rifle hunting and would like to think I was very successful with it. For a long time now i have only had shotguns so may be out of touch with it...

Anyway I have recently seen a forsale on here for a scope woth a 22lr rectical and it says something like to zero at 50yards use x12 or for metric use 10.5mag...

So does the POI move with magnification??

Thanks 

I guess  the seller is referring to the hold over dots on the scope and if shooting imperial yards and zeroed at 50 yds the dots on 12 x mag work out at every 10 yd increments .

As a meter is longer than a yard the spacings on the ret  would have to be greater so 10.5 x mag works out better .

And no the zero is the zero .changing the mag shouldnt change that .

Only the hold over dots. 

I'm glad you confirmed that  I was thinking I was risking looking very stupid asking this question!

On 02/02/2019 at 18:15, upandatem said:

FOR SALE MY  HAWK VANTAGE .22 LR SUBSONIC  4-12X50  SCOPE  ..CAN BE USED ON ANY GUN  BUT BEST WITH .22LR SUBSONIC ROUNDS
  IT WORKS PERFECT AS IT SHOULD  JUST ZERO IT IN AT 50 Y   AND AWAY YOU GO.. IT WORKS RIGHT UP TO 125 YARDS PERFECT DROPS IT ON THE BULL  CHECK OUT YOUTUBE  
COST 129.00 LOOKING FOR 70.00 POUNDS POSTED 
PAYPAL OK 

Chassis:
1" Mono-tube
Optical System:
4-12×
Objective:
50mm
Reticle:
Rimfire .22 LR Subsonic
Illumination:
Red / Green - 5 Levels
Focus/Parallax:
Fixed - 69m / 75yds
Field of View: m @100m / ft @100yds
8.7 - 2.9m / 26.2 - 8.7ft
Eye relief:
89mm / 3.5″
Length:
341mm / 13.4″
Weight:
497g / 17.5oz

Waterproof, Shockproof, Nitrogen purged.
All calibre rated.

RIMFIRE .22 LR SUBSONIC 12× RETICLE

Registered reticle design exclusive to Hawke. Aim points calculated for your specific caliber. Easy to zero and outstanding downrange accuracy with illuminated aim points for all lighting conditions. Distances etched into the reticle field of view, designed for use on maximum magnification.

Designed for the .22 LR Subsonic caliber. Zero on 12x magnification at 50 yards and all aim points are pre-calculated. 1057 fps (322 m/s).

The scope can also be used for 50m zero with aimpoints correct in metric when the magnification is set to 10.5x.

Rimfire-22-LR-Subsonic-12x.svg

DSCF4862.JPG

DSCF4863.JPG

This is the add. 2nd paragraph from the end

On ‎04‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 19:11, Rob525 said:

Hi guys, i used to do alot of air rifle hunting and would like to think I was very successful with it. For a long time now i have only had shotguns so may be out of touch with it...

Anyway I have recently seen a forsale on here for a scope woth a 22lr rectical and it says something like to zero at 50yards use x12 or for metric use 10.5mag...

So does the POI move with magnification??

Thanks 

Some reticules are specifically marked up for calibres.

I must have missed something because there are many types of ammo in most calibres, many types of barrels and barrels lengths, many different scope heights, many different moderators, etc etc etc and I just can't get my head around how a scope markings by calibre can work for all those variations!