Shopping centre for sale.

harrycatcat1

Additionally, Councils seem to keep buying them, spending millions on a venture they have no experience of.  They should let them go, eventually the property will be at a viable price and they will be bought up and either reinstated or repurposed, Councils need to keep out of the commercial sector.

RS

44 minutes ago, team tractor said:

Our local town is just charity shops and pubs. We have a massive shopping park called Ventura park , it’s huge but killed the town 

Yep and you don't have to pay to park at Ventura and can get in the car parks if you have a 4x4 with a largish roof rack,  not like you have for the town centre.  Atherstone do not charge for parking and the street is always busy and there is a wide selection of shops from cobbler to hardware, butcher to baker, mens hairdresser, chemist , off license, newspaper shop etc etc., BUT I have to admit they have their share of charity shops as well. 

it is sad that the high street we know of is starting to dissapear, but also most of the town centres i visit in essex are utter dumps, full of wronguns druggies and drunks. the car parking is often expensive and hard to get to parked at weekends. id much rather goto a out of town shopping complex with free parking,  nice shops and nice people! 

On 05/02/2019 at 13:30, team tractor said:

Our local town is just charity shops and pubs. We have a massive shopping park called Ventura park , it’s huge but killed the town 

I dont think the shopping centres themselves kill towns but the fact they are open when the majority of working people want to go shopping.

Our local town like pretty much all others shuts at 5.00-5.30. I am sure if shops in a town took the joint decision to change opening to suit 9-5 workers rather than only being open for OAPs, Shift workers and the great unwashed then the situation would be very different....maybe i am being stupid but surely to sell stuff you actually need to be open at a time convenient for your customers.

18 minutes ago, ferguson_tom said:

I dont think the shopping centres themselves kill towns but the fact they are open when the majority of working people want to go shopping.

Our local town like pretty much all others shuts at 5.00-5.30. I am sure if shops in a town took the joint decision to change opening to suit 9-5 workers rather than only being open for OAPs, Shift workers and the great unwashed then the situation would be very different....maybe i am being stupid but surely to sell stuff you actually need to be open at a time convenient for your customers.

True but I think paying £1:20 to run in for bits is a killer too . My mrs had a £100 parking fine but she had a ticket. The council had rented the car park out to a 3rd party and they had no interest . 

Loads of people have had the same so it killed the town