It must be a record.

JDog

5 minutes ago, walshie said:

If I could just add my two penneth. I understand forum rules and of course the site owner has the final say in how his forum is run. I know only too well how hard it is to find a happy medium between being a dictatorship that crushes the life out of members and letting them run amok.

Of course new members can say what they like within the rules and they aren't "lesser" members because they are new, same as older members aren't "senior."

There will always be differences of opinion, but ultimately most of us are grown men and should take whatever is said on the chin.

On a purely personal note, I find it irksome when someone (no names mentioned) takes offence about "bitchy little threads" then writes a long post berating members for daring to have an opinion, and lecturing them on what they can and can't say. Ironic really as that's exactly what they are moaning about themselves. 

Fair comment, there should of course be an opportunity to discuss things, as we are doing here.

To condense my rather long post down to the bare bones, what I'm saying is that if people disagree with forum policy, then the way to approach that is speaking to Teal rather than laying into new people, who are after all only doing what they have been told is ok.

🤣😂 threatening?  As for berating.....if that’s what you wish to call it, I’d call it retaliating to a select group with a disgusting attitude..... and I notice not one of you has actually constructed a well thought out response to what I said. As I also said crack on it’s no skin of my nose it will just continue to amuse me 👍🏻

1 minute ago, Spr1985 said:

🤣😂 threatening?  As for berating.....if that’s what you wish to call it, I’d call it retaliating to a select group with a disgusting attitude..... and I notice not one of you has actually constructed a well thought out response to what I said. As I also said crack on it’s no skin of my nose it will just continue to amuse me 👍🏻

You sound delightful 😂

If it's no skin off your nose, why bother with the bitter response? 

Hypocrite much? 

Ok, this is only going one way, so...

Please take any personal disagreements to PMs.

If you're unhappy with the post I made, feel free to PM me or if you don't want to do that, speak to Teal.

If you think the forum policy is wrong on this or anything else, raise it with one of us or Teal.

Please DO NOT go after new joiners for something that is not their fault as it makes us all look bad.

I've not got much to add that Zapp hasn't already really addressed.

Just to explain a bit of rationale, shooting as a sport can really shoot itself in the foot sometimes. New entrants are vital, and it is a sport where if your family doesn't take part in it, it can be quite hard to get started. I know it can be disappointing to have one post members that never appear again, but this is not exclusive to the shooting wanted section. Yes it is probably unlikely someone will get offered shooting without post history, however, as can be seen from the topic quite a few (who admit it!) go on to become active members of Pigeon Watch, and probably benefit from the resource and get more shooting in the future to boot.

I appreciate to a great extent preaching to the converted on this topic, as I recall many topics where posters involved have taken people out shooting. However, it is one area where PW feels that new members should get a bit of protection, because shooting needs as many participants as it can get. Hence the rules Zapp has linked to, and yes sometimes new members will disappear, but for the remainder if it gets them part of the shooting community then I think it is a risk worth taking.

Regarding the running of the site, I disagree with comments made. When suggestions or ideas are put forward we do consider them - just because they may not be implemented does not mean that they are not evaluated, it is a balance between consistency and change. And given the unpopularity when we perform site updates we usually err on the side of avoiding change!