Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
redial

Regular Stock ?

    Recommended Posts

    I came across a shotgun box from 1989 (Winchester) it gives various details. Describing the stock as 'regular.' 

    Not sure what that means. I would have expected to see left / right or perhaps straight, or am I missing something.

     Thanks.

     

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    19 minutes ago, redial said:

    I came across a shotgun box from 1989 (Winchester) it gives various details. Describing the stock as 'regular.' 

    Not sure what that means. I would have expected to see left / right or perhaps straight, or am I missing something.

     Thanks.

     

    Any pics? 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Good point, if so that would suggest they were available in different lengths. 

    It was 87 by the look of it.

    IMG_6309.JPG

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    51 minutes ago, redial said:

    Average in length or grade.

    IMG_6270.JPG

    Will have a look in my book and see what I can find.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Regular stock in US means that is standard stock and not Montecarlo stock. In a standard stock there are two main measures while in Montecarlo stock three main measures.

    I hope that I was able to explain you...

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, Sereremo said:

    Regular stock in US means that is standard stock and not Montecarlo stock. In a standard stock there are two main measures while in Montecarlo stock three main measures.

    I hope that I was able to explain you...

    That makes sense, thank you.

    23 hours ago, Scully said:

    Will have a look in my book and see what I can find.

    Thank you.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now
    Sign in to follow this  

    • Recently Browsing   0 members

      No registered users viewing this page.

    ×