Rifle torch

millrace

I had a cheap ebay chinese rip off, think its a surefire or ultrafire. Unlike the other cree torches this had a pure round beam (not square), couldnt adjust zoom (most chinese carp do, it was set to very tight) and most importantly had 1 mode of function - on or off. Most have a minimum of 3 which is bloody annoying. Cost £15. Well gutted as i lost it camping in snowdon, so some lucky ****** up there in llanberis has a bloody good torch. 

Oh it took those 18650 batterys as well. Ate them tho. Beam was good to shoot at 120 yards, could see eyes at 200 but not the backstop. Think it was about / or stated 3000 lumem. I bought similar off another ebayer and it came with a red cree, so only use it for close ratting as the beam after 60 yards is useless. 

Edit - just had a look through my old purchases and its not listed as its over 2 years ago. 

Edited by strimmer_13

I had great success converting a 501b with red pill and convex lens. Blacked the reflector to remove spill and pits a beam out very nicely! If buying cheap and it’s a pull out focus to tighten the beam, be wary of the wobbly focal adjusters. I had one that when you fire on a springer the adjuster moved the beam all over.