Dorset/Devon & Cornwall S.G.C. Renewal.

fronty61

It`s nice to report that, as a Dorset based vermin controller, I have just renewed my S.G.C. with no problems, in a timely way ! Admin is now handled for Dorset by Devon & Cornwall Firearms Dept..nice to deal with ` grownups` applying commonsense to their legal duties ! I have been helped on a few occasions recently by 3 different individuals who treated me with respect, and went the extra mile for me..They will, of course, receive the same response from me in our future dealings..so many forces seem to be out of their depth, so nice to flag this up !!!

Happy to report that they have improved greatly,, although for me it was a FAC grant. All in, the process has taken under 4months, and the FAC has been granted on open condition for 22rf, 223rem and 270win. To put it in perspective, I waited 18months for a SGC grant before they combined with Devon and Cornwall. 

7 hours ago, fronty61 said:

It`s nice to report that, as a Dorset based vermin controller, I have just renewed my S.G.C. with no problems, in a timely way ! Admin is now handled for Dorset by Devon & Cornwall Firearms Dept..nice to deal with ` grownups` applying commonsense to their legal duties ! I have been helped on a few occasions recently by 3 different individuals who treated me with respect, and went the extra mile for me..They will, of course, receive the same response from me in our future dealings..so many forces seem to be out of their depth, so nice to flag this up !!!

Yep, what goes round comes round.

As i stated in another thread before, i found dorset to be absolutely useless. The amount of correspondence i sent to them without a single reply was shocking. Over years. I had to contact my old dept to actually ask if they knew i was here. Anyway moving on, time for my renewal, devon and cornwall sorted me out from exeter, interviewed me on the phone and asked what i wanted for why? I asked and i recieved. Extra .22 and extra .308. Polite, decent team. I think 5 days after the phone call, my new licence was on my table. Cracking set up now. 

• 4 months later...

I have said before on here, I sent in for a variation on my firearms to add a .223, I received my variation within a week posted each way. Cornwall and Devon firearms department seem to be very switched on. My local feo is a great guy and is very happy to help. 

Glad to hear someone else has had good service from them. 

Ive always had very good service from D&C when renewing and applying for FAC and SGC. FEO for my area is very efficient and a pleasure to talk to. When I moved house I sent my licence in for updating, in 2 days they called and asked where the cabinet was situated, 2 days later licence was posted through my door. Can ask for much more. Keep up the good work D&C.