Personal radio/MP3 player Recommendations or wot to llok for

scotslad

Alright.

Just as title, just looking for a small/pocket radio also with MP3. And wondering wot the better brands are.

I would imagine wot i'm after is a decent battery life (wether rchargable or AAA) really good radio reception even in dodgy areas and pretty robust (shower proof, dust/soil tre resin proof)

I work in pretty remote areas so i would imagine DAB will be a waste of time, plus always on move to. Is there anyway to tell by reading the blurb how good t will recieve FM radio stations?

Also with battery life some u seem to need to charge them for almost as long as u use them. Dunno if u get more battery life out of recharable AAA type batteries so u can always have some spare charge 1's with u.

Had an old radio and batteries would last 3+ odd days, even the 1's from the pound shop,  unfortunately its not working anymore and thought i should move with the times and get 1 that can have some tunes even when no radio  Cheers

Sorry i should of said be into headphones.

Just changing away from smart phones, sick of charging them too, lies in van all day with no signal then has the cheek to flash no battery left😒

Just tried my new push button phones radio and its actually quite good, might try it out over next few days but really would prefer a seperate 1 so not running phone battery down all the time.

Usually at the end of the day as ur driving out is when u get signal back and make any calls u need to before 5pm, so

For work I've got a Sony Walkman digital media player. Has its own docking / speaker station for charging. It's a few years old but it still picks up a very good signal and most of my Los are on it.

There's loads of this type of digital media player about, I went with Sony purely because I had the original walkman tape player.

1 hour ago, scotslad said:

so not running phone battery down all the time.

Get yourself a "power bank" if the phone radio is good enough.  My lad has away matches for Rugby and uses one on the long coach tips there and back.  We bought him one for xmas  keeps about 4 or 5 phone charges on it, depending on your phone/use of course.  You can use them with most any rechargable device,

RS

Cheers clumber, thats why i was asking there does seem to be hundreds doing this sort of thing.

Just i do quite like the radio for something a bit different and was wanting 1 with a good radio reception.

I know from the past with the old radois there was a big diffrence, even with digital tuning so every time u brushed something u'd have to fiddle with the tuning again so u could hear anything