Ginger bunny

johnskevena

Went checking out some new ferreting ground last night we have got for the coming season and the farmer wanted us to clear some rabbits with the rifle as they are at his garden and shot this ginger coloured rabbit

rabbitSmall.jpg

Have caught a few of these colured bunnies while out ferreting but this was the richest coloured one i have ever got.

Anyone else have these colured rabbits in there area?

Went checking out some new ferreting ground last night we have got for the coming season and the farmer wanted us to clear some rabbits with the rifle as they are at his garden and shot this ginger coloured rabbit

rabbitSmall.jpg

Have caught a few of these colured bunnies while out ferreting but this was the richest coloured one i have ever got.

got alot round my way have shot a fair few? now if I can get apic to work? this should show one

cheers KW

We get loads of ginger wabbits round our way, and good few (not as many) black ones.

And welcome back John, we haven't heard from for a while have we? or did I just miss it?

Having been posting much the last few months Stuartp but now i have a few pups i think i will be on here more looking for advice on training them :blush:

I have seen these out in suffolk and also the odd black wabbit, i think its pet rabbits getting loose and then breeding with the wild bunnies, in dog terms its called a street mishap, not sure what you would call it in wabbit terms.....meadow mishap maybe? think the black and ginger ones have stronger genes, but otherwise they are just a wabbit!

People get bored and release their pet ones all too frequently John.

There are lots of black ones on a common where I often walk the curs late evening.

I like watching them dissapear as two exocets come onto a target :blush::blush::good:

Little black ******* never stray more than a few yards from the brambles :good:

Had some lovely greys on last seasons ferreting that are now gloves :blush:

LB

Had thought of that LB.

Asked an old timer that used ferret there for years and he told me that there has been ginger rabbits there as long as he remembers and that they came about by a cross breeding between a rabbit and a cat he was told years ago:blink: :blush: but i have my doubts about that story :blush: :blush:

We have loads of black rabbits where I work. A few miles down the road there are ginger, almost yellow looking rabbits.

Like Henry D I've seen and shot wild rabbits in alsorts of colours from black, yellow, ginger and white, smoke grey and black and grey.

This is perfectly natural and does not have anything to do with breeding from pet rabbits, its just genetic mutation.

A farm I used to work on in the Meon Valley used to have loads of ginger and white rabbits and people used to be horrified when they saw them hanging from my belt and assumed I'd just murdered someones pets.

Leeboy

• 1 month later...
I used to trap and shoot in near Barry many years a go .... there was a hightly multicultural population of bunnies there but up here in in Warwickshire I only see the trad. wild colour ..... shame ???

please dont tar diffrent colours of bunnies with the same brush! we dont need any racism here.. they all taste the same, right? :good:

rabbitSmall.jpg

my god thats jesica, its franks daughters pet