Youtube

Scully

I didn't want to hijack another thread, but one of my favourite things to watch ( all I watch on youtube now i think of it ) on youtube are shooting vid's, and in particular decoying vid's. 

I find DC a bit hard work to be honest, and most 'game' shooting vid's in general not very watchable, but decoying ones I can watch for hours. Andy Crow is ok when he's shooting rather than talking, but in many of his vid's there's more of the latter than former.  GD is worth a watch but it's a while since there's been anything recent, but I find both Geoff Garrett and Tom Sykes are well worth the time. I think a good shot is a good shot no matter what gun they are using, and these two are perfect examples ( and even Crow can do it ) of good shots; and I was very pleased to see one video of Tom Sykes using a Remington 3200! Great stuff. Rat shooting with air rifles is good also. 

Others worth the time are The Gun Shop. I even sometimes watch a bit of Skeet. Any others I should look out for? 

I don't mind the odd American one ( have watched most on handguns ) so long as there's none of that unnecessary rock music in the background. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The South African Air Arms stuff is well done as are some of the New Zealand vids.. I do enjoy the Crow Man and Geoff . I really cannot recommend any, I think you just have to skim through them, it soon becomes obvious if they are going to be good or not.

Hickock45 hmmmmmm ???  If you enjoy watching someone waste ammo on milk jugs then I suppose there is some entertaiment there.

Edited by Walker570

32 minutes ago, Sparticle said:

srspower I'd recommend, videos aren't too long and is a mix of commentary and shooting.

https://www.youtube.com/user/srspower/videos

You are joking surely , they are a joke. An amateur full of himself trying to preach to others what he knows nothing about.  Shooting pheasants on the ground , rabbits with .243 , unsafe backstops , the list goes on ....

17 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

You are joking surely , they are a joke. An amateur full of himself trying to preach to others what he knows nothing about.  Shooting pheasants on the ground , rabbits with .243 , unsafe backstops , the list goes on ....

i am glad someone has put this up. some of it is really not good:no:. i know people have to start somewhere but broadcasting it as if you were an expert is not good. maybe he is just trying to show his journey as a beginner and rifle shooting etc which would be ok. but as the very experienced man above has mentioned. some of the rifle shooting makes you cringe with fear

38 minutes ago, Zapp said:

Forgotten Weapons is excellent if you like the weird and wonderful.

That guy has done his research, must of watched hours of his stuff. Is he english as he doesn't sound american? Also for a skinny guy he took the 4 bore quite well. 

53 minutes ago, washerboy said:

Hickock45 is good, OK not many of us get to shoot quality pistols like he does but fun to watch 

Hes better than that pillock on demolition ranch. My only grievance with youtube is, as ive watched a few american vids ( iraqveteran, forgotten weapons) they bombard my home screen with his junk. 

Scully I watch most of what's been posted along with looking at what YouTube recommendeds when you watch one it'll give you others.

Tom Sykes wildfowling and duck calling is good too.

I like some American fowling bids, some are too redneck for me though.

For long range rifle shooting mark and Sam after-work is good.

I watch the shooting show which features Geoff Garrod  along with fieldpsports Britain and Irish version with Jason Doyle.

I remember being so exited when Jack's Game series came out that I somehow managed to get the interesting ones like Archie Coates decoying taped and still prolly have them somewhere but must admit I just end up fast forwarding through most of the modern stuff, once you've seen one you've kinda seen them all. Same for most game shooting videos as you just don't seem to get great camera work. 

I just don't have the time to watch average people talk about equipment or describe what they do, much prefer the truly outstanding ones of which there are dozens. Youtube is an eye opener on many subjects outside shooting too, politics for one where you can easily access the other side of an argument. 

12 hours ago, Sparticle said:

srspower I'd recommend, videos aren't too long and is a mix of commentary and shooting.

https://www.youtube.com/user/srspower/videos

The production values of his videos is good, but I find he is often lacking in knowledge of his subject matter. A good example of this is his "pigeon shooting explained" video.