Youtube

Scully

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 05/02/2019 at 21:00, FOXHUNTER1 said:

You are joking surely , they are a joke. An amateur full of himself trying to preach to others what he knows nothing about.  Shooting pheasants on the ground , rabbits with .243 , unsafe backstops , the list goes on ....

Hahaha, your so rude, say it like it is why not lmao

Paul Harrell. I watch a few people sporadically, but Harrell is dry and informative. He mostly does ammo tests, talks about the differences in guns, and shoots dull targets but I find him interesting. I only have a shotgun, but I even find his random handgun ammo tests interesting.

I like all previous but sometimes need a bit of other entertainment on You Tube

Kitboga is fantastic sorting out "Scammers" that want to fix your computer, (the I`m calling from the Microsoft technical dept) he is obviously a real computer expert and using fake voices etc has even managed to disable their whole call centres. He is very witty and tries to explain just what he is about whilst the scammers are getting more and more irritated. 5*

On 06/02/2019 at 09:08, motty said:

The production values of his videos is good, but I find he is often lacking in knowledge of his subject matter. A good example of this is his "pigeon shooting explained" video.

Have  to agree with this, he will make a video and then won’t know half the stuff about the gun or activity he’s doing. 

Seems to be more interested in making a name for himself. 

Then you get bashed with ads at the end about buying his branded stuff 🤔

8 hours ago, derek bailey said:

The sport is better off not being plastered all over YouTube but that’s just my opinion 

Why?

My brother in law and young nephew who never shot before really enjoyed some of Dave Carries videos as a first glimpse into game shooting, and some decoying videos by Digweed as well. 

Mr brother in law ended up applying for his licence and is taking up clay shooting. 

31 minutes ago, derek bailey said:

All the antis can see everything 40 plus years ago when I started there were no antis because they didn’t no what happened in the field now they just have to look on YouTube 

Not quite right. LACS  were founded in the 1920’s unless I’m mistaken.

41 minutes ago, fister said:

YouTube is a publishing media with worldwide access and no moral or intelligent editors or moderators other than specific rules which are commonly overidden due to the sheer volume of submitted work. Attracting viewers by ANY MEANS is what draws advertising and that’s why it is videos with killshots that get larger viewing figures, either from voyueristic ‘fans’ or argumentative antis getting their ammunition for free with all the work done for them. Mentioning the names of specific shows is unwise for me but seriously, consider what you are promoting!

So yes, the intelligent people will but the morons will never realise. It frustrates the hell ouut of me, watching them killing their own sport. 

Not sure I understand why you consider it as ‘killing their own sport’. What we do isn’t exactly a secret.

8 minutes ago, fister said:

It is broadcast as free ammunition to antis, can you not see how damaging and easily used as propaganda this is?

We live in a world of information now. You can't hide anything. Shooting needs a good and respectful presence on the web. It's a big part of making shooting accessible. We need to be out there's visible, showing what we do is good and has a purpose. Look at the TV program Jodie Marsh did with a shooter. Jodie doesn't eat meat but she's on board with pest control because now she understands it. 

The antis are no bad thing for shooting. So long as their argument is "killing things is wrong" then the majority of people are going to write them off as the fringe element. Much more dangerous would be shooters who turn away from the sport declaring it to be rotten with low standards of care and quality. The public don't mind you killing animals, but they do mind torturing animals. Shooters need to be held to account, all the time, and self policing is never enough for any system. All systems grow complacent and then corruption creeps in. Better to have outside challenge keeping us on our toes.

17 minutes ago, fister said:

It is broadcast as free ammunition to antis, can you not see how damaging and easily used as propaganda this is?

I don't think pro fox/drag hunting videos are that prevalent on tinternet, but they have an anti following like no other, who DO post videos. 

Many target shooting videos are considered 'wrong' by the anti gun lobby, because you're 'obviously' going to shoot animals at some point aren't you? 

You can't win, but it's pointless trying to hide what we do, being honest about what we do, and why, is the best defence. 

On 07/02/2019 at 08:36, Spoon said:

Paul Harrell. I watch a few people sporadically, but Harrell is dry and informative. He mostly does ammo tests, talks about the differences in guns, and shoots dull targets but I find him interesting. I only have a shotgun, but I even find his random handgun ammo tests interesting.

+1 

30 minutes ago, fister said:

I can’t see why it’s damaging to be honest. We kill things, it’s no secret. The antis take their own footage, usually covert, and there’s not a lot we can do about that. They will spin it any which way they choose to suit their agenda, no matter what we do. Sod em. 

What we do isn’t illegal and I refuse to pander to their agenda by being made to feel that what I do is wrong, either morally or ethically. 

7 minutes ago, Scully said:

I can’t see why it’s damaging to be honest. We kill things, it’s no secret. The antis take their own footage, usually covert, and there’s not a lot we can do about that. They will spin it any which way they choose to suit their agenda, no matter what we do. Sod em. 

What we do isn’t illegal and I refuse to pander to their agenda by being made to feel that what I do is wrong, either morally or ethically. 

My thoughts entirely 

On 07/02/2019 at 08:36, Spoon said:

👍 👍 👍 and then some. 

He is without a doubt what you could safely call "an expert in these matters", I too love the logical way he approaches each subject, dissects the bs and gives valid reasons for his conclusions, you cannot argue with his rationale and he can damn well shoot rifles/hand guns too. 

The one that stands out for me is when he covered AK47 versus M16, the subtle genius of non bias and deductions based on reality as opposed to assumptions. "Is the AK as accurate as the M16, probably not, is it accurate enough ?" I can't emphasise enough how impressed statements like that make me. 

35 minutes ago, derek bailey said:

Maybe but they left us alone

No they didn't, they simply didn’t have the organisation nor the exposure.

LACS have funds and worldwide support; they didn’t get those by ‘leaving us alone,’ and were extremely vociferous and effective in campaigning against hunting with hounds. With the advent of the web we ignore them at our peril, and posting or not posting videos on YouTube will not effect their agenda at all. 

9 minutes ago, fister said:

Well I suppose it’s matter of choosing to ignore the blindingly obvious in front of you. Social media is littered withe complaints over kill photos plastered worldwide, seveal reaching mainstream media and drawing attention. Legal it is but think of all the legal things you do that you dont want publicly disected at every opportunity! Some of these incidents have also been fueled by ego competitions with private events being publicised openly purely to attack the reputations of others of whom they are jealous.

It’s all right in front of you

I don’t understand what it is you’re so worried others may see. What is it that you are you frightened of them discovering? 

I can’t think of any legal things outside the bedroom I wouldn’t want dissecting by the public! 

What do you think antis are going to find by viewing YouTube footage, that they don’t know already? 

26 minutes ago, fister said:

You are too blinkered to bother trying to reason with. It’s not about knowledge, it’s about having constant new material to feed the anyi masses with. How can you be so blind to it, do you even consider  videos from an external perspective or just as a shooter? If You film and publicly publish killing stuff, you give them ammunition. You are so unbelievably insular on this matter.

26 minutes ago, fister said:

You are too blinkered to bother trying to reason with. It’s not about knowledge, it’s about having constant new material to feed the anyi masses with. How can you be so blind to it, do you even consider  videos from an external perspective or just as a shooter? If You film and publicly publish killing stuff, you give them ammunition. You are so unbelievably insular on this matter.

I don’t believe I’m blinkered at all, I just can’t see what it is you’re afraid of, and you seem unable to answer!

The antis see someone shooting rabbits, pigeons, pheasants, fowl, deer, etc etc.....and then what? They go online and say ‘see, told you so! Look what they’re doing!’ 

It’s not a secret and never has been. I don’t know what great revelation the masses are being fed that you’re afraid of, which they don’t already know about, and neither do you bybthe sound of it.

Do you feel a bit ashamed of whatever it is you do, for some reason? Or that it’s wrong? Are you afraid of upsetting those who may not approve?