Jump to content

    Recommended Posts

    9 minutes ago, Westley said:

    How true. Met a guy last month at local ground who has just had a full refund on a faulty ATA . He has bought an old used Miroku and loves it. Maybe the later ones are better  ?

    He's lucky to have got he's money and be without the hassle, wish it had been that simple with mine 😂 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    2 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

    He's lucky to have got he's money and be without the hassle, wish it had been that simple with mine 😂 

    He had to use Legal help, I believe  !

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Handled and shot a few ATA guns, they look and shoot ok.

    If you want one buy one, there are lots of mixed reviews. Two I know of have had faults, both fixed and they still have the guns.

    Plenty of premium guns have faults too.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    3 hours ago, Westley said:

    Don't think he wants to hear this  ?

    That maybe true but honesty is the best policy and he did ask for peoples opinions. I have read a lot about them and seen many positive reviews online. However it’s reading people’s real life experiences that makes me think a s/h established maker is the best way forward. I still believe though if the op buys one he’s getting a out of gun for the money.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Well i have'nt shot these guns But ATA were established in turkey in 1955 so should have good pedigree in gun manufacturing

    How Turkish gun manufacturers can turn out guns as cheap no one knows Maybe the EU handouts

    but they're building up a reputation for affordable guns wether good or not so good

    As the saying goes you buy cheap you sell cheaper But if you like it and can shoot with it then who is to argue

    Spanish guns in the 60's / 70's were considered as some cheap upstarts and proved themselves as good gun makers, At the same time the Italians  proved themselves the same

    Then we have the turks proving themselves as serious gun makers

    Just read a good article on the new EJ churchill SXS  pair for £19000 Made by no other than AYA based on the no2 Made in Spain hand made

    Buy the same pair with the AYA badge some £3000  plus cheaper

    Horses for courses ?

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    9 hours ago, sabel25 said:

    Well i have'nt shot these guns But ATA were established in turkey in 1955 so should have good pedigree in gun manufacturing

    How Turkish gun manufacturers can turn out guns as cheap no one knows Maybe the EU handouts

    but they're building up a reputation for affordable guns wether good or not so good

    As the saying goes you buy cheap you sell cheaper But if you like it and can shoot with it then who is to argue

    Spanish guns in the 60's / 70's were considered as some cheap upstarts and proved themselves as good gun makers, At the same time the Italians  proved themselves the same

    Then we have the turks proving themselves as serious gun makers

    Just read a good article on the new EJ churchill SXS  pair for £19000 Made by no other than AYA based on the no2 Made in Spain hand made

    Buy the same pair with the AYA badge some £3000  plus cheaper

    Horses for courses ?

    I didnt think Turkey were an EU member? If so do they get EU handouts? 

    Maybe if they're still selling guns in 10-20yrs time at the same rate then they may be considered an established brand. Time will tell. I am not trying to slate ATA or any Turkish brand in any way but others have been around longer and established themselves in the UK. I hope ATA, KOFS and others like them can do the same. In the mean time I still feel a S/H Browning, Beretta, Miroku, Winchester or even Lanber is still the safest way to spend £600.

     

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    as udderlyoffroad has said earlier he took the option to buy new and is happy.  when he brought it to our clay ground we had a good look and although it is no berretta browning or guerini it will be a good gun for him to start his shooting with.he is a great lad and listens to all instructions so i am sure the gun will see a lot of use . he did plenty of research and is certainly happy with his choice. which i think we can all agree confidence is a major part of shooting

     i suspect they will carry on selling numbers at that price  and become a leading budget seller in a flooded market

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    On 07/02/2019 at 13:16, Jbob said:

    I was interested in getting an ATA at one time. Thought that at around £600 depending on model and spec it was a good deal. It is to be fair but then I started to read about the trigger failing etc and the gun having to go back, yes under warranty but none the less a new gun having to be returned.  As a result I have decided to stick with my old Lanber for now and if I do buy again I would buy a S/H Winchester, Browning or Miruko or even another Lanber. With the amount of money you have to spend you should be able to by a decent S/H gun with a proven track record.

    Oh and don't be fooled into the thinking its a beretta copy. 

    the man who makes ata actually sold his previous gunmaking business to beretta,

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    On 09/02/2019 at 11:36, hawkfanz said:

    the man who makes ata actually sold his previous gunmaking business to beretta,

    That is what I have read too. And I understand that they made barrels for beretta too. But on stripping the guns down the triggers firing mechanism differ. The Gun Shop on youtube did a very good video on this.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    4 minutes ago, Jbob said:

    That is what I have read too. And I understand that they made barrels for beretta too. But on stripping the guns down the triggers firing mechanism differ. The Gun Shop on youtube did a very good video on this.

    Bought one yesterday.
    Theres such a large range of configurations with them, barrel lengths, adjustable stocks, colours, sporter or 'game' versions !

    I got a nickel game version with 30 " barrels, £595 from a local company called Orridge and Orridge, never heard of them before, but what a cracking pair of lads (Father and Son)
    I was so impressed I brought a Rizzini too :lol:

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    48 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

    Bought one yesterday.
    Theres such a large range of configurations with them, barrel lengths, adjustable stocks, colours, sporter or 'game' versions !

    I got a nickel game version with 30 " barrels, £595 from a local company called Orridge and Orridge, never heard of them before, but what a cracking pair of lads (Father and Son)
    I was so impressed I brought a Rizzini too :lol:

    Enjoy your new purchases, a shooting mate has an ATA (not sure what model) and it hasn't missed a beat.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    44 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

    Nice one, doubt you'll be disappointed with either purchase!

    Speaking of which...what Rizzini did you buy?  12 bore as well?

     

    I didnt even ask which Rizzini it was , it was £200 , 12g O/U 27 " barrel , multichoke, and a left hooker, I just picked it up and said, thats nice, he said yours for a couple of hundred, it would have been rude not to 😂

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    On 07/02/2019 at 20:07, figgy said:

    Handled and shot a few ATA guns, they look and shoot ok.

    If you want one buy one, there are lots of mixed reviews. Two I know of have had faults, both fixed and they still have the guns.

    Plenty of premium guns have faults too.

    How true. And it hurts more when the gun costs more. I would also be wary buying  well known brands second hand. sometimes the owner/dealer is glad to get rid of it. A guy at my local clay shoot bought a second hand caeser guerini-lovely gun and a fair bit of money even second hand. But it loved to double discharge which they couldn't sort so he got rid. Nothing is perfect hey.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    11 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

    I didnt even ask which Rizzini it was , it was £200 , 12g O/U 27 " barrel , multichoke, and a left hooker, I just picked it up and said, thats nice, he said yours for a couple of hundred, it would have been rude not to 😂

    That sound like the best way to carry out business. 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    On 05/02/2019 at 21:52, Jacko3275 said:

    Just waiting on my cert to drop through the door and am interested in an ata bronze sp sporter for my first gun I have read to get a 686 or  a 525 but would like  views on the ata if anyone as had-or got one ......cheers

    I bought a browning 525 two years ago, within the first year I had to have new firing pins and springs, within the second year it had to go back again because the top leaver was so stiff you had to force it to open,so all guns can have there problems

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    7 minutes ago, Drayman1965 said:

    I bought a browning 525 two years ago, within the first year I had to have new firing pins and springs, within the second year it had to go back again because the top leaver was so stiff you had to force it to open,so all guns can have there problems

    Cheers on that 👍 think I’m gonna get the ata if it’s not the gun for hey ho it’s 600 quid 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    16 minutes ago, Jacko3275 said:

    Cheers on that 👍 think I’m gonna get the ata if it’s not the gun for hey ho it’s 600 quid 

    I don't blame you, for me the ata or silver pigeon never a browning again (once bitten)

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Well been to my local rfd and ordered the ata sp bronze sporter with 28ins Matt black barrels as they don’t stock them just to make sure it’s here when cert lands on the door mat 🤞

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, Jacko3275 said:

    Well been to my local rfd and ordered the ata sp bronze sporter with 28ins Matt black barrels as they don’t stock them just to make sure it’s here when cert lands on the door mat 🤞

    Nice one you enjoy it

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    2 hours ago, Jacko3275 said:

    Well been to my local rfd and ordered the ata sp bronze sporter with 28ins Matt black barrels as they don’t stock them just to make sure it’s here when cert lands on the door mat 🤞

    Nice one, as you've probably read in the thread above I have the exact same except the action is black too.  Get yourself a decent padded slip or hard case, as the 'socks' that come with it aren't much cop!

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, udderlyoffroad said:

    Nice one, as you've probably read in the thread above I have the exact same except the action is black too.  Get yourself a decent padded slip or hard case, as the 'socks' that come with it aren't much cop!

    Got that all sorted just the wait on the cert that killing me 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

    • Recently Browsing   0 members

      No registered users viewing this page.

    ×