Great stuff. I remember buying my first shotgun. Spent more than my budget but it was worth it. I was buzzing when I got home.

Interesting thread this...

Last week I had a chance to try out one these ATA's it was a black actioned model with an adjustable stock, 30" tubes I think. Have been looking for a cheap gun for knockabout purposes and the clay ground had a couple in so gave it a whirl.  For the money (695 ticket price) I was pretty impressed it seemed to handle nicely, went bang when it was supposed to and broke clays just fine.  I didnt buy it as I have my eyes on some other options at the moment (older Winchester etc) but for the money it seemed pretty darn good.  My son has shot a Webley and Scott 920 for a year of so which is also a Turkish made gun, hundreds of rounds through it and not a single issue so where its made doesn't put me off.  As for reliability well I have had plenty of problems with my Beretta 692 since I bought it, so I dont consider the odd report of issue (and I dont believe their have been many with the ATA's) would put me off.