5 night son the trot

team tractor

Well tonight is the 5 in a row on the sheep farm without a single fox again .

good point is I’m walking 2-3000 steps an hour so I’m getting fit. 

My mate sees the fox every 3 hours when checking the lambs but I swear it can smell the gun oil . 

This morning the fox ran out of the lamb pen , sleeping with the lambs in the dry. 

We’ve tried baiting up but nothing is touching it. 

3 hours ago, Mice! said:

Stop walking about so much and you might spot him😉 have you tried a thermal yet for spotting? They are scary good, things that you haven't seen because there not moving suddenly appear as if by magic, I've only used one once and thought wow!

I used dougys on a night out and they are fantastic. It’s the price that’s not achievable for myself unfortunately . 

We we have lots of little fields to keep checking with tall hedgerows so can’t see naff all without walking loads unfortunately. Keeps me fit tho 😀

hello, am having similar problems, i get a call that a fox is seen 3 times in day in the sheep field when we had that snow, i go over from 3 pm to 8 pm and no sign, i use n/v photon to scan and shoot, tried calling,  nothing showed, another time i have seen 3/4 around the boundary hedge, i think its right time right place, got a new tactical item coming this week, ICO TEC PD 200 fox decoy !!!!!!!

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

I have to go with Mice.  On one particular farm I have five high seats and also put out trail cams.  Foxes tend to follow the same route every night is what I have found. In fact the one I shot 10 days ago I had on the trail cam in the same spot every night at the same time.  I sat up in the high seat covering that spot and as good as gold it came sauntering up and met the wrath of my 22BR at exactly the same time.   I put a piece on here about the BOBLOV spotter...£70 ish to purchase. OK not as good as thermal but helps you to check the fields without flashing a lamp about. I picked up the last one I shot when it appeared 250yrds away coming into the field with the BOBLOV and then tracked it across to where I shot it infront of the trail cam.

I can call round at the workshop and show you if you like.  Can't loan it as it is in almost nightly use.

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

I have to go with Mice.  On one particular farm I have five high seats and also put out trail cams.  Foxes tend to follow the same route every night is what I have found. In fact the one I shot 10 days ago I had on the trail cam in the same spot every night at the same time.  I sat up in the high seat covering that spot and as good as gold it came sauntering up and met the wrath of my 22BR at exactly the same time.   I put a piece on here about the BOBLOV spotter...£70 ish to purchase. OK not as good as thermal but helps you to check the fields without flashing a lamp about. I picked up the last one I shot when it appeared 250yrds away coming into the field with the BOBLOV and then tracked it across to where I shot it infront of the trail cam.

I can call round at the workshop and show you if you like.  Can't loan it as it is in almost nightly use.

Cheers for the offer mate. No point for 6 weeks now as I fell down the stairs this morning and I’m in a cast 😞 

I’m gutted 

Well done 

5 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, am having similar problems, i get a call that a fox is seen 3 times in day in the sheep field when we had that snow, i go over from 3 pm to 8 pm and no sign, i use n/v photon to scan and shoot, tried calling,  nothing showed, another time i have seen 3/4 around the boundary hedge, i think its right time right place, got a new tactical item coming this week, ICO TEC PD 200 fox decoy !!!!!!!

Well done staying out so long on a stakeout in the cold weather 👍

3 hours ago, Walker570 said:

^^^^^^ trail cams are great for checking the movements of the tricky ones and saves a long wait. We have got some tricky ones at the moment and are having to rely on some long range shooting to bag them. 

Walking round brings hope at every corner :lol:

3 hours ago, team tractor said:

Cheers for the offer mate. No point for 6 weeks now as I fell down the stairs this morning and I’m in a cast 😞 

I’m gutted 

If I bring this over I will leave it, let me know when your not there because it is too #####y dangerous to cohabit, your an accident looking to happen.  At least you could sit up and wait for the fox to come to you, although if the word gets around it might keep it's distance as well:sad1:

4 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

If I bring this over I will leave it, let me know when your not there because it is too #####y dangerous to cohabit, your an accident looking to happen.  At least you could sit up and wait for the fox to come to you, although if the word gets around it might keep it's distance as well:sad1:

Lol maybe that’s whats happening with the fox . He’s scared 

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Sorry mate missed that bit. Ouch. ???

Surprisingly it doesn’t hurt and I went to go work but my boot didn’t fit. I’m just gutted as I get married in 3 months and it’ll mean no stag do and I need to work desperately. 

Now if I was at school I’d be a hero but as a grown up I’m a muppet that’s skint 

Hope you heal quickly.  Let me know if you want to hve a look at this BOBLOV, been out tonight after rabbits and it picked them out 200yrds away no problem. Unfortunately most were in unsafe places but one was out at 130yrds on a corn field .... 17HMR did the job with Dave G's NV unit on the rifle.

Kill you off ????  The amount of times you've tried, there is little chance of that !!!   I'll tell the lads to keep you way from all sharp instruments and you will have to sell up and buy a bungalow:lol:

Edited by Walker570

4 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Hope you heal quickly.  Let me know if you want to hve a look at this BOBLOV, been out tonight after rabbits and it picked them out 200yrds away no problem. Unfortunately most were in unsafe places but one was out at 130yrds on a corn field .... 17HMR did the job with Dave G's NV unit on the rifle.

Kill you off ????  The amount of times you've tried, there is little chance of that !!!   I'll tell the lads to keep you way from all sharp instruments and you will have to sell up and buy a bungalow

Already had the bungalow thing said several times today

Reading through your different threads over the past often end up with a visit to A + E , good luck with the healing process and be careful when putting the ring on if it is your trigger finger .😊

17 hours ago, team tractor said:

I was trying to get to work early 😢 . This work malarkey will kill me off

1 hour ago, WelshMike said:

When your cast comes off it will pong so much you can bait the fox with it  

Hope it heals well and take care not to do any more damage to yourself buddy. 

Lol 😂 the landowner has already told my mate to open the gates and drive me around  :) . 

If you spot a fox in cast you know it’s mine ;) 

6 hours ago, marsh man said:

Reading through your different threads over the past often end up with a visit to A + E , good luck with the healing process and be careful when putting the ring on if it is your trigger finger .😊

Now if only you knew. When I went for measurements last month they managed to get the ring stuck no joke. They had to lube my finger up and 2 assistants managed to pull it off. 

I was laughing my head off as the woman was panicking.turns out they don’t make a sample big enough 

14 hours ago, team tractor said:

Now if only you knew. When I went for measurements last month they managed to get the ring stuck no joke. They had to lube my finger up and 2 assistants managed to pull it off. 

I was laughing my head off as the woman was panicking.turns out they don’t make a sample big enough 

You definitely want a ring you can get off easily with the luck you have!! I won't work in mine, not a chance.

17 minutes ago, Fisheruk said:

Sorry to hear of the accident, trust it will heal quick. 

So you won’t be at Garlands 🤔

Not this time 100% David . I suppose I’ve time to make rounds at least tho lol. 

I really hope it’s a quick fix as I’m stuffed not driving , I’m getting lifts to work and it’s a nightmare 

50 minutes ago, Mice! said:

You definitely want a ring you can get off easily with the luck you have!! I won't work in mine, not a chance.

Why mate ??? Is it because of a Deglove ?