Stickleback Knife

wymberley

Having now seen the post about these knives, I had a chat with Figgy. And subsequently spoke to Fatchap. He confirmed that he still did them and I could ask for what I wanted or leave it up to him. I've long had a theory about craftfolk - I say had because Fatchap has just done his damnest to change the theory into fact. If you ask for what you want, then you'll probably get it. However, if you leave it to the craftsman, then he'll probably want to show-off and show you what he can really do. So, I went with it but asked for a pair - I would like one but I owe my step-son a favour. Obviously, we're not talking a matched pair here but sufficiently close so one can see that either is one of two. Well, for my money - which it is - I got as near a matched pair as you're going to get short of Purdey.

Fatchap, thank you very much indeed.

And Figgy too for the tip.

002.jpg

001.jpg

Edited by wymberley

49 minutes ago, figgy said:

They look very nice, I like the stags head in the scales.

Did fatchap fit and coloured liners each side of the blade ?

No liners on these, kyronite dosnt attract moisture like wooden scales even if they are sealed and polished. A liner creates a barrier between the scales and tang, Some say it also aids a chemical fixing but I'm not so sure on that . Polycarbonate liners are really shiny so to say that 2pk would bite into them is rubbish.

A liner does however look nice I believe yours figgy where red? I did think about liners just for aesthetic value but could find gold ones, I've got yellow but that wouldn't have gone at all. So I just polished the tang to almost chrome and I think it does the trick.

Edited by fatchap