Eye dominance...

Gunnut

I'm sure this has been covered before but, been missing alot of birds of late, don't get out has much has I would like, so put it down to that being the cause, had my 2 yearly eye test today, and was told my eyesight had changed with age, and I am now left eye dominant instead of right. so off I went to the local gun shop, and bought a long sight which I was  told would solve the problem, and that I should keep both eyes open. Had a look on net, plenty of advice, i.e. sticky patch on shooting glasses etc, but can't seem to work out the best option. I am shooting off the right shoulder, any advice lads, other than take up fishing.

Just wondering how your eye tester determined your dominant eye. Have you actually verified it for yourself as the test is very simple.

The reason for asking is that eye dominance and one eye having better visual acuity than the other are not the same thing. IOW it's perfectly possible and not uncommon for the dominant eye to have poorer vision than the non dominant one.

32 minutes ago, Westward said:

Just wondering how your eye tester determined your dominant eye. Have you actually verified it for yourself as the test is very simple.

The reason for asking is that eye dominance and one eye having better visual acuity than the other are not the same thing. IOW it's perfectly possible and not uncommon for the dominant eye to have poorer vision than the non dominant one.

I'm right handed with a dominant left eye, the vision in my left eye is  inferior to my right.

8 hours ago, Wb123 said:

Be certain it has actually changed. 

I switched shoulders and found it very straightforward. 

I had the same problem, right handed and left master eye. I have tried shooting left handed, and can do it fairly well, but actually getting the gun mounted is hard work with my left hand in charge of the job!