Sign in to follow this  
pro_carper

Air arms s200 mk 2

Just got this second hand for abit of ratting and farm yard vermin bashing and have gone to fill it up and is leakibg out of what sounds like the bolt.

Any ideas of what it could be 

Easy fix or take it to the gun shop any i fo would be great thanks 

cant answer the qestion mate but one thing i know they are cracking rifles, i have the Mk 1

Enjoy when its fixed

Bruno on here is the air arms expert. You could pm him .

But if air is coming from the barrel /mag area .then its usually the firing valve leaking. 

I am told mine is a Mk 2  and I am delighted with it.  Very accurate and devastating on tree rats, magpies, feral pigeons.  I KNOW someone on here will be....there told you, he beat me to it:good::lol:

The AA S200 is a cracking little rifle, I love mine and my TX200 rarely sees light of day as a result.  I rarely fire more than fifteen shots on an outing and always pump it back up to 180

keeping the cyclinder full.  Don't know if I should do this but it has worked so far.

001.jpg

hello, Always pays to keep a PCP air rifle topped up to a level that will hold the internal seals tight, not only that if your only having a few shots per outing it is easier to re fill if your using a hand pump, using an air bottle i would recommend letting it drop to a reasonable bar as you loose air on the release valve each time, that maybe one less fill from a 3 LTR bottle  

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

40 minutes ago, pro_carper said:

Does any one no if there is a aftermarket bolt for these guns as they seem flimsy ?

hello, yes there is, airgunspares.com or airarmspares.com might be better as only deals in AA , JULIAN BOND, 

47 minutes ago, pro_carper said:

Are the bolts easy to take off and fit again?

hello T R ROB has a DVD strip down guide of the AA S200 £7.95 plus post

I bought a cheapish bolt off fleabay and it lasted about 4 months and then fell to bits.

Replaced it with a Rowan which is a  very high quality product and been on the Mk2 for several years. 

Mine at the moment has the standard grey plastic handle but come next week I might treat it to a nice new one if there are any at the show.  If not I might just have to make my own.....another project:good:

10 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Mine at the moment has the standard grey plastic handle but come next week I might treat it to a nice new one if there are any at the show.  If not I might just have to make my own.....another project:good:

Iv just sent mine away for a fella off ebay to copy and make me a brass one for £18 

14 hours ago, Walker570 said:

That's what I did, enjoyable little project.