Falconry

rickardo

8 minutes ago, oowee said:

Wow what amazing birds. So wonderful to see and working with them too. Very very impressed.

I met some guys from Oman last year in Africa and they are big into flying Peregrine's which they chase with 4x4's across the desert. 

I've seen some YouTube vids like that looks like in Dubai,  looks fun..

8 hours ago, jason g said:

I went on a falconry hunting experience last year with 2 harris hawks and loved it. Fantastic to watch them hunting. Some cracking pics you have I'll look out for some more 😎

Cool, I do like Harris hawk's very under rated birds.. 

• 2 weeks later...

Takes me back quite a few years that! A couple of mates and me used to hunt rabbits with raptors on the lower parts of the Pennine Fells back in the mid to late 90's. One had a female Harris Hawk and a Buzzard ( the latter was a real pain and once released would just circle for a bit then land in a tree and wait for something to die! ) and the other mate also had a female Harris, plus an American Red-tailed Kite plus a Saker/Pergrine cross (? ) if I recall; it was a while ago. 

Anyhow, I was the ferret man, and we would tramp all over the Fells and Orton Scar bolting bunnies to raptors. Fabulous memories. But the Buzzard was useless and it got to the stage I wouldn't go if he was taking that, waste of a day. 🙂

Cracking pic's. 

• 6 months later...
23 hours ago, jason g said:

Rickardo I posted on here when you put those great pictures of the birds you fly. Just out of curiosity when do you start to fly and hunt with the birds I have got your number and WhatsApp cheers Jason 

O have just removed Willow my goshawk out the avairy this week so will get her weight trimmed a little and have her up and running soon

20190904_221242.jpg