What battery

Benthejockey

I’ve found in my collection of treasure a Clulite LA4 which after a brief google appears to be this one 

https://clulite.cluson.co.uk/spotlights/246-la4-lazerlite-1million-c-power-db-cp.html

Id forgotten I had it. 

Very handy for lamping rabbits out of the car window when I have permissions I can drive around but not so handy when they’re wet! Do any of the PW boffins know what battery is need if I wanted to make it portable? I know I’ll need an adaptor to connect it to the battery from the cigarette plug end. 

My old Lightforce lamps I use occasionally in a high seat ... not so much now I have NV.... I power using a lightweight (small) golf trolley battery (don't tell my wife!!!) it isn't light but still portable. This one comes in a carry bag and works a treat.  Short of that then one of the expensive lithium jobs form Deben. They are a lot of money but when they first came out I had one which I just put in my pocket and didn't know it was there, brilliant bit of kit. I eventualy wore it out and never replaced.

https://howesmodels.co.uk/product/12-volt-7ah-rechargeable-lead-acid-battery-2/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI46D0w6a24AIVQ_hRCh0RYghjEAQYCCABEgLDb_D_BwE

I bought this battery which I would have thought would do the job. And I bought an adaptor for the cigarette and to crocodile clips to connect to the battery. Turned it on and the high beam was slow to power up and when it got as powerful as it was going to get it was a poor/weak orange beam. The low power bulb is fine.

So what do we think??? Too much resistance from the adaptor? The cigarette lighter end on the lamp is a plastic moulded jobby so to remove it and hardwire the lamp straight to the battery I’d have to chop it off. 

Found this with my tracer 12v lamp switched to a 28amp 12v Lucas jobby fits in a haversack.Have a look at the bulb rating most of your light comes from the reflector so a lower wattage bulb is a good option .Swapped a 100w to a 35w  still fries your eyes but much brighter and less power draw .Or just sell it and get a clulite clubrighter 600 yd range for around 40 quid .Thats what ive got now ,rechargable in car or home 

When plugged in a car the alternator is chucking 14v whilst charging your car but a carry battery doesnt have this atb