pro_carper

Cheap scope and mounts combo

6 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

Nikko Sterling Mountmaster. They usually come with 1" dovetail mounts.

Can't go wrong with these,cheap but good.

Assuming your rifle is sub 12ft/lb. don't go too mad with range and magnification ,3-9x50 or 4-12x50 is more then adequate for most uses.

If you consider that most responsible air rifle hunters reckon on 40-45yds is the sensible maximum distance for taking live quarry then a scope on x9 will bring the target into what seems 5 yds or so actually you wont normally use much more the x6-x7 .

As for makes as some of the other lads have said Nikko Stirling is as good as anything out there ,a couple of others at the sensible end of the price range would be Hawke ,Bushnell or MTC.

Good luck with it mate.

I have a nikko mount master 4-12x50 AO IR, bought it new and from day one the point of impact moves as you turn the magnification ring. Use it for pinking in the garden now. Replaced it with a hawke panorama, but even a hawke vantage I feel would be better than a mount master. 

On 07/02/2019 at 10:13, pro_carper said:

Anyone recomend a good cheapish scope and mounts combo to go on a air gun?

sent you a pm mate as i got some scopes here that ill going to put up for sale

2 hours ago, stu64 said:

I have a nikko mount master 4-12x50 AO IR, bought it new and from day one the point of impact moves as you turn the magnification ring. Use it for pinking in the garden now. Replaced it with a hawke panorama, but even a hawke vantage I feel would be better than a mount master. 

I would say you had a faulty one then. I have bought many of them over the years and have never had a problem with them.

4 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

I would say you had a faulty one then. I have bought many of them over the years and have never had a problem with them.

Same. Been using one tonight on my brno (4-12x50)  and have one on my falcon fn19 (3-9x50ao ir). All though not as good imho a hawke of same price, i cant complain about the performance. Just chuck the mounts they come with 

Sorry to jump on the back of  this post but I have a 50 year old BSA meteor and am looking for some scopes to fit it. I have looked at some scopes on fleebay but some of the advertisers say they fit modern rifles but mine is not.

Just looking to shoot a few rats so no distance work, what would you recommend me to buy please.

Links to advertisers would be good.

Edited by harrycatcat1
    Spelling

On 15/02/2019 at 20:49, harrycatcat1 said:

Sorry to jump on the back of  this post but I have a 50 year old BSA meteor and am looking for some scopes to fit it. I have looked at some scopes on fleebay but some of the advertisers say they fit modern rifles but mine is not.

Just looking to shoot a few rats so no distance work, what would you recommend me to buy please.

Links to advertisers would be good.

I have ordered some scopes, so if they fit I will let you know.

23 minutes ago, harrycatcat1 said:

I have ordered some scopes, so if they fit I will let you know.

Think i would have gone to my local gun shop and had a look what they had second hand.

What have you gone for?

56 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Think i would have gone to my local gun shop and had a look what they had second hand.

What have you gone for?

To be honest for what they have cost me (less than a packet of fags) brand new and foc delivery from China I am not expecting a lot.

Hope the link works

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32950450913.html?pid=808_0000_0109&spm=a2g0n.search-amp.list.32950450913&aff_trace_key=9e4932abc79147e8b5d45cada8fe2818-1550435620136-03540-UneMJZVf&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id=8352amp-5rzdB1AbecLPha0m-wqlyQ1550435639018&gclid=CjwKCAiAqaTjBRAdEiwAOdx9xvGTVDmRprKBj3BvItrNulYY5t7hWpoQpvqBbPHde_ISLeCOE8ub1RoCMwsQAvD_BwE

Edited by harrycatcat1
    To add a link