Pleased with retrieve this morning!

lancer425

Was out this morning on River (Tidal) wildfowling, just as it started to get light geese were on the move.

About 30 greys went wide of me over a line of trees but three behind them looked to be coming straight for me, i dont think they saw me but they turned away a bit too early but the bird closest to me was just about in range so i shot it it folded i swung on to next bird hit that but it dropped and glided so i hit it again it fell out and dropped over the oposite side of river about 100 yards away as the crow flies but 25 miles round trip by car.   miles by car. LOL.

My young Labrador nearly two years and only been using him since november, was on the goose on the water he retrieved it to me at the bank edge and he went again crossed the river i was in two minds to stop him but he is obedient and i am as confident as i could be he would return and time i called him back.

He reached the other bank climbed out up the bank over roughly where the goose dropped and he was out of sight.  At this point i was nervous as hell, i wanted to call him back. he seemed to be gone ages but supose it was only two mins max, then about 4 yards from where the goose went down he came back over the bank down into the river and swam back over the grey retrieved to hand at bottom of bank.

I will admit it now i felt quite emotional not sure if i was anxious then relieved, or just so proud of my little dog all grown up and done good. But anyway i am as very pleased with him and so pleased i thought i would share his success here.

On 07/02/2019 at 12:46, lancer425 said:

Was out this morning on River (Tidal) wildfowling, just as it started to get light geese were on the move.

About 30 greys went wide of me over a line of trees but three behind them looked to be coming straight for me, i dont think they saw me but they turned away a bit too early but the bird closest to me was just about in range so i shot it it folded i swung on to next bird hit that but it dropped and glided so i hit it again it fell out and dropped over the oposite side of river about 100 yards away as the crow flies but 25 miles round trip by car.   miles by car. LOL.

My young Labrador nearly two years and only been using him since november, was on the goose on the water he retrieved it to me at the bank edge and he went again crossed the river i was in two minds to stop him but he is obedient and i am as confident as i could be he would return and time i called him back.

He reached the other bank climbed out up the bank over roughly where the goose dropped and he was out of sight.  At this point i was nervous as hell, i wanted to call him back. he seemed to be gone ages but supose it was only two mins max, then about 4 yards from where the goose went down he came back over the bank down into the river and swam back over the grey retrieved to hand at bottom of bank.

I will admit it now i felt quite emotional not sure if i was anxious then relieved, or just so proud of my little dog all grown up and done good. But anyway i am as very pleased with him and so pleased i thought i would share his success here.

Amazing mate :) Bet that's one you won't soon forget! 

On 07/02/2019 at 12:46, lancer425 said:

Very proud moment for you , well done