New HW100BP Bullpup

Rimfireboy

Bullpups in general over a traditional rifle shape. ? 

The main advantage is that for the same length of gun (over even shorter ) you can have a longer barrel and airtube .This will give more shots and /or higher power. So to get a high shot count in a large cal airgun at 900 fps .you need long barrel and plenty of air. 

A good example is my fx wildcat in .25 cal at 45 fpe. .

Its one of the shortest airguns i own and is massively the most powerful. 

42 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Bullpups in general over a traditional rifle shape. ? 

The main advantage is that for the same length of gun (over even shorter ) you can have a longer barrel and airtube .This will give more shots and /or higher power. So to get a high shot count in a large cal airgun at 900 fps .you need long barrel and plenty of air. 

A good example is my fx wildcat in .25 cal at 45 fpe. .

Its one of the shortest airguns i own and is massively the most powerful. 

Ok thanks for the reply, I was just curious as I have never seen or used one, although I do own a old but very accurate Air Arms SM100 .22 which I use for the magpies and squirrels in the garden, I also use it occasionally out the car window for rabbits, it’s a bit of a lump to carry around and have been looking at a few more compact/lighter air rifles.  

Hello I bought a bullpup thinking it was all singing and dancing but having lived with it soon realised prone shooting was very difficult as the butt will not reach my shoulder pocket and fitting a bipod is problematic as it has a reduced forend grip when fitted but standing sitting or in a hide excellent performance and easy to use. But if you are to use one from a vehicle then bullpup or carbine would be ideal.I may get shot down but the compatto is a compromise between a bullpup and a full size conventional air rifle. But each to their own happy shooting.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...