Sir Phillip Green Coming to His Senses?

TIGHTCHOKE

And now he has issued the following statement through his solicitors;

Sir Philip has "categorically" denied any unlawful racist or sexual behaviour.

In a statement issued after the ruling, Sir Philip and the board of the Arcadia Group said the signatories to the non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) were under "ongoing obligations" to honour the agreements.

The statement continued: "The Telegraph has pursued a vendetta against Sir Philip Green and the employees and management of Arcadia Group for the past nine months, harassing many of its staff and their families in their homes, often at night and at weekends.

"The Telegraph and its owners must now decide whether to do the decent thing and respect the NDAs.

"If not, they will expose their sources to potential further legal actions and significant losses.

"Their fate is now in the Telegraph's hands."

So he did not make racist comments or sexually harass any of his staff, but did get them to sign Non Disclosure Agreements and paid them a million pounds each.

All VERY strange!

Right or wrong, the employees contractually agreed to keep quiet (NDA) in return, in at least one case for a £1 million payoff! The allegations of inappropriate behaviour by Philip Green are pretty innocuous from what I have read......ranging from kissing and squeezing a woman's cheek, touching a woman's backside and waist and commenting on a black blokes appearance, hands up anyone on here that hasn't done the same!..........he has been demonised in the media because of his ruthlessness,  business practices, self publicity and overt examples of his wealth......I will wait for the story to develope before blindly condemning him on media claims!

33 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Right or wrong, the employees contractually agreed to keep quiet (NDA) in return, in at least one case for a £1 million payoff! The allegations of inappropriate behaviour by Philip Green are pretty innocuous from what I have read......ranging from kissing and squeezing a woman's cheek, touching a woman's backside and waist and commenting on a black blokes appearance, hands up anyone on here that hasn't done the same!..........he has been demonised in the media because of his ruthlessness,  business practices, self publicity and overt examples of his wealth......I will wait for the story to develope before blindly condemning him on media claims!

This.

‘Ruthless businessman from another era isn’t Mother Theresa’ - it’s not news it’s gossip.

Is there anyone who has done well who the media haven’t gone after in some form?

Needless to say if someone wanted to touch my bottom for £1m I can confirm that I would honour the NDA and I’m available most week days and all weekends 😆

4 hours ago, Mungler said:

This.

‘Ruthless businessman from another era isn’t Mother Theresa’ - it’s not news it’s gossip.

Is there anyone who has done well who the media haven’t gone after in some form?

Needless to say if someone wanted to touch my bottom for £1m I can confirm that I would honour the NDA and I’m available most week days and all weekends 😆

PM sent. 

😉

7 hours ago, Mungler said:

This.

if only you were closer :big_boss:

3 hours ago, manthing said:

NDA's should not be allowed to be used to cover criminal behavior. 

And it should be a criminal offence for so called victims to accept a payoff in exchange for keeping silent over criminal behaviour!...if that's not perverting the course of justice, I dunno what is!

And a rich person should not be able to use their wealth to buy their way out of a jail sentence for a criminal conviction, when a poor person couldn't afford to....but that it seems, is ok in Spain!

But that's the way the lawmakers have written the law....the question ordinary people should be asking is, why have the laws been written in such a way?...there wouldn't be deliberate "loopholes" written into law to protect the wealthy and enable those that can afford it to avoid legal accountability!....would there?

It’s a tricky one when assessing ‘criminality’.

An uninvited slap of the bottom is ‘battery’ and a boob grab is ‘sexual assault’ and the terminology of the offence is dramatic; indeed, whilst both offences sound very serious they wouldn’t result in jail time (probably a caution at best) and yet the definitions of battery and sexual assault cover far far more serious offences which are IMHO more worthy of police investigation and time (bearing in mind the under resourced and over stretched police service we currently enjoy).

It’s the focus and relentless pursuit of the rich and famous that is wearing and leads me to think that this is just a vendetta against Green (who does himself no favours with his public appearance).

I still can’t get over the money spent on ‘phone hacking’ - again a hard hitting title for something that was nothing more than listening to someone else’s non pin protected voicemails.

Aren’t there some grooming gangs or stabbing victims that could better use those scarce police hours and resources?