Spot the Owl

Christian Sutton

The story behind the owl picture is that it was very lucky that the canal was still iced over apart from a few inches of water on top of the ice. I noticed the bird whilst walking the dogs the other evening. It's wing was out stretched above it body and could clearly see it was tangled with fishing line which was hanging from the birch tree. A fishing lure was also attached to the line. Anyway I rescued the bird untangled it and then released it.

It could of been such a different ending for such a lovely bird brought on by inconsiderate fishermen. They ought to increase rod licence fees to treble the cost that they are now. Also increase the vat on all fishing accessories too and limit every angler to one rod and make them put a variation in for another like us firearm certificate holders.. 😁

30 minutes ago, Christian Sutton said:

The story behind the owl picture is that it was very lucky that the canal was still iced over apart from a few inches of water on top of the ice. I noticed the bird whilst walking the dogs the other evening. It's wing was out stretched above it body and could clearly see it was tangled with fishing line which was hanging from the birch tree. A fishing lure was also attached to the line. Anyway I rescued the bird untangled it and then released it.

It could of been such a different ending for such a lovely bird brought on by inconsiderate fishermen. They ought to increase rod licence fees to treble the cost that they are now. Also increase the vat on all fishing accessories too and limit every angler to one rod and make them put a variation in for another like us firearm certificate holders.. 😁

How would penalising all the considerate fishermen stop the inconsiderate fishermen?